"Just have fun"

Wanda didn't understand her decisions taken the day before.

She didn't know why she agreed to the accommodation in Corey's house. She would never agreed to it, but yesterday? Yesterday she just nodded, without much thinking.

All the more she didn't know why she decided to get out of the locked bedroom and spend time in his company. When she couldn't fall asleep again by the rush of her thoughts, she just got up and went to him. As if it were natural turn of things.

In spite of everything, decision she didn't understand the most was consent to common shopping and clubbing. She wasn't that type of person, she was never even interested in it. She didn't know whether it was because his convincing and joking or because the vision of not taking part in his scams.

And now she was laying alone in the bed of the man, she had wanted to kill yesterday. It was already in the morning and in normal conditions she would probably got up a few hours ago. Now, however, she wanted to fall under the ground.

She regreted yesterday's cry just as much as her agreement to go to the club with Corey. She felt pitiful.

The man showed her a few more faces of him yesterday. Most of them woke up anger and revulsion in Wanda, but when she began to break, he behaved... decently. He let her cry and although she thought he would laugh at her later - he didn't. He treated her feelings seriously, what she didn't expect.

When they talked at night, it also seemed different. It was the same thing, but it was more tactful. Or maybe it be just her shaky mind was curving the real picture? Who knows?

Wanda got up from bed and stretched. At night she thought about Corey's words for a long time. Maybe he was right? Nobody can change the past, and she's closing herself in the pain that she has been feeling for years. Maybe she should at least try to actually move on. But this time seriously, not hide in the heat of work, but just really try to live.

She left the bedroom and looked at Corey, who was sleeping on the couch. He was laying on his stomach with one hand under the pillow and the other hanging over the floor. His face was so calm...

She decided not to wake up him yet. She went to the bathroom and started prepare for the next day.

While showering, her thoughts fled in various directions. Maybe she should leave the apartment while Corey is asleep? Or cancel the plans they had for today?

She realized that she was simply afraid to spend time with him. The fact was that this man was incredibly annoying, arrogant, insolent and, in addition, he worked as a criminal. All this should be a dislike for her, but she couldn't feel anything else than stress when she was thinking of spending the next day with him. However, she couldn't underestimate the simple things he did for her. Starting with blowing cigarette smoke in every direction but not in her face, buying her (of course - stolen money) everything, even if she didn't say she wanted it. She was grateful for yesterday's support, accommodation and efforts to make her feel comfortable. Even such stupidity - because of her he decided not to sleep half-naked. It's terribly stupid, but still...

She had to admit that despite many flaws, Corey seemed to have a small piece of heart in him.

Warm water ran down her bare body, relaxing her muscles.

She was crazy, agreeing to all this.

It didn't surprise her that when she left the bathroom, the supersoldier was still asleep. She went to the couch and, with her own power, snatched the pillow from under Corey's head.

"Good morning!" she said loudly.

The man's head fell on the couch and automatically rose again. This time, however, Corey had his eyes half open and he looked around what had happened.