"It's all because of you"

Testing Wanda's patience was his favorite pastime. He loved how easy it was to make her nervous.

She didn't like him - he didn't doubt it, but it was her dislike for him that made her lose her manner. At such moments, this artificial professionalism disappeared for a moment, and an upset, feisty and dangerous girl appeared.

In these moments he liked her the most.

"It's four PM" she growled.

"So, you've spent eight hours with me" he replied happily.

They spent almost all day together. In total, they did nothing unusual, sometimes they sat in silence for an hour. Even then, he was sure that Wanda was getting more angry with every second. Although he may eventually get used to it.

But he had so fun! This girl was so funny and inaccessible that he couldn't let go. He often tried to make a joke in her direction and she just growled to him in respond. Even that made him happy! She was stubborn, but Corey promised himself that he would break through to this real Wanda Maximoff.

"Why did you make an appointment with me in the morning if you want to do the first theft only in the evening?" - the nervous girl strained.

The man handed her a bucket of ice cream, in his other hand he held a portion for himself.

"You suggested that you come to me in the morning" he replied, feigning surprise, "I just nodded."

They were in a park near the beach, of course the place wasn't accidental, but Wanda didn't know it yet.

Corey sat down on the wall, still holding two ice-cream buckets in his hands.

"You should have tried this ice cream" he said, extending his hand toward her.

The girl waved her hand and the scarlet red mist hit the man's hand. The portion for Wanda landed a more than ten feet away on the ground.

"Your loss" sighed Corey, "only I will eat."

"I have enough your games!" almost shouted the girl.

She stood before the sitting man. She was tense, almost shaking with rage.

"What games? I just bought you ice cream."

"You don't take anything seriously" she told "you are kidding of me and trying to provoke me..."

"Provoke you to what?" he interrupted her.

"I don't know!"

Corey stood up and put his bucket down on the wall. He came closer to Wanda.

"In that the case, what upsets you so much?" he asked quietly.

"You're unbearable and you are still playing with me" she snarled in response.

The man gently leaned towards her so that he could look her in the eyes.

"Maybe if you tried to have fun, we could have a better time together, don't you think?" he asked quietly.

He didn't smile, though he felt like it. He tried with all his might to be serious, to create another picture of himself in her head again.

"How am I supposed to have fun if I cooperate with a criminal? In addition, very annoying one?"

"So maybe try to piss me off too? We'll be enough then."

"Each attempt to insult you, ends with your laughter and joy, besides I have no intention of descending to your level."

"You know, why am I enjoying this so much? Because when you can not stand it anymore, you behave like you, not like someone you want to be."

Wanda's green eyes darkened with an anger.