So Close

Chapter Sixteen

I fought the urge to gasp, I had never seen her so broken. They've been torturing her.

Daniel I mind linked

Yes Alpha he replied seriously.

I need you to get his attention.

Without missing a beat, he immediately jumped out and growled lowly.

"A lycanthrope" said the Vampire in a disdainful hiss "I guess I get to have a little fun tonight after all." He lunged at Daniel and narrowly missed him. As his back was now to me I extended my wolf fangs and jumped onto his back as I bit deeply into his neck. He hissed out in fury and pain and dropped to the ground as he began to seize from the venom now making its way into his bloodstream. His black eyes stared in pure hatred as his mouth formed an O as he struggled to breathe. Black blood started seeping out of his orifices. I stared in disturbed shock, never having witnessed this particular predicament before.

Go Adeline, I will finish him off.

I looked at Daniel in brief gratitude.

"Addy?" Jenna croaked out in disbelief, when I met her gaze her eyes widened in desperate shock "ADELINE! Oh my God ADELINE!" She shouts loudly as she rattles the bars.

"Shh" I shush desperately as I hurry over to her. "Yes im here. Im here but you need to shut up. Please shut up." I plea in a rushed whisper.

"Adeline please." She cries out in a painful hushed tone, tears pouring out of her red eyes. "Please just take me home... please."

"I will Jen, we'll get you and Derek out of here now don't worry."

A painful cry escaped her mouth as she dropped back down onto the ground.

"Jenna? Jen! What is it? What hurts?"

"My soul Adeline" she chokes out "My soul. Derek is dead...The King murdered him. Just take me home... take me home." She repeated hysterically as I stood there eyes wide. Losing ones mate is the worst fate a werewolf can ever endure. A mate is literally the other half of ones soul, once you bond with your mate your souls unite. When a mate dies... it destroys the soul. The wolf that remains alive usually ends their life shortly after, the pain is too much to bare.

The shock of seeing my best friend completely destroyed had me frozen in place.

Snap out of it Adeline, we need to get out of here. Now.

Raina practically barked me into action. I grabbed the bars and with a little effort and a lot of help from my newfound Alpha strength I pulled them apart enough to grab Jenna's leg and drag her out. Daniel looked at her in sympathy, I picked her up and placed her onto his back.

"Jenna, I know it hurts but please hang onto Daniel. We need to get out of here."

She didn't respond, her head sideways as she stared blankly and tears continued to fall. I looked at her for a moment before I cautiously walked back the way we came from. Soon enough we reached Symone who looked incredibly relieved to see us. Everything seemed to be going off without a hitch, I breathed a sigh of relief once we made it back outside and reached the bridge. I told Daniel to go first with Jenna, once they were halfway through Symone followed suit.