The World On My Shoulders

Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Where will you hide it?" Asked Rose staring at the cloak as it sat on my desk.

"The fewer people know, the better. I'm sorry sis. I can't tell you."

She nodded glumly "I understand."

I nodded and sat on my chair, placing my hands on the desk as I stared at it.

After a moment of silence Rose spoke again. "So, mom hasn't spoken a word in the last three hours. Im worried she'll end up like Jenna."

I exhaled sadly at the thought of my best friend.

"Have you been able to talk to her?" She asked referring to Jenna.

I shook my head "She hasn't spoken a word since that night. I keep meaning to talk to her but I just can't find the time to."

"Maybe you don't want to talk to her."

I scoffed "Of course I do."

She shook her head "No. I think you're scared and can't face her. The more time passes the harder it'll get. I think you should talk to her. Snap her out of it."

"She lost her mate Rose. It's only been two weeks."

"Tick tock." She said.

I sighed and a knock on the door caused us both to look. Symone walked in with a grave look on her face.

"What is it?"

"It's... your mother."

My body went cold. The look in her eyes delivered the news before she even said a word. Slowly I stood "What happened?"

"She slit her throat and bled out in the infirmary. Doc said she was inconsolable. Im so sorry Alpha." She apologized.

I began to hyperventilate as my heart wanted to explode from the pain. I'd lost both of my parents tonight. I don't think I can handle anything else. Rose sprinted out of the room without a second thought and I felt like I would lose whatever composure I had left. My mother... my smart sassy outspoken mother just killed herself for my bastard villainous father.

"Find Daniel and tell him to keep an eye on Jenna. I don't want her following my mother's footsteps. Then send Luca to watch over Rosaline. There is only so much death this family can take."

She nodded firmly "Yes Alpha."

"I need you to keep things running smoothly here until I return."

"Where are you going?" She asked worriedly.

"I've lost too many people today. I can't lose any more." I responded as I grabbed the cloak and walked passed her. As I walked through the halls I could hear my sisters screams coming from upstairs.
A few pack members were in the halls and bowed their heads respect. I quickened my pace and made it to the car.

Placing the cloak on the passenger's seat I backed out of the huge driveway and sped off.

I haven't heard anything from Ian or Rochelle in at least six hours. The sun would be rising soon and when it does she has to be gone. What happens to Ian when she leaves? I have no idea.