Save The World

Chapter Thirty-One

My mother's funeral was absolutely beautiful. I hugged Rose as we watched her float away on a bed of flowers with the moons light shining brightly on her. Once she was at a safe distance, I kissed the top of Rose's head and grabbed my bow and arrow.

Dipping the arrow in oil and aiming it at my mother while Rose lit it with fire and stepped back. Taking a deep breath I focused my aim.

I forgive you for leaving us so soon. Thank you for always supporting me and making me strong. Goodbye mom.

I released the arrow and it shot straight into the target and it immediately caught fire.

"You okay?" Asked Nathan as he brought his arms around my waist as we watched my mother leave.
I leaned back into his touch and took comfort in the tingles. "Believe it or not, the void helped me work out my issues. I'm okay. I know she's found peace. Thanks to you." I said as I looked up at him. He smiled and turned me around to face him.

"I'm glad it was useful for you but please promise you won't go back there anymore."

"Hell no, I promise. That place was a nightmare, but it was what I needed to help me sort out my feelings. It brought me to you." I said as I caressed his face. He leaned into my touch and sighed as he gazed into my eyes. "Thank you for not giving up on me."

"I am bound to you Ms. Moon." He whispers as he places a sweet kiss to my lips that leaves me wanting more "I vow my life to you and only you."

Looking into his vibrant aqua blue eyes I feel myself swoon. He is absolutely perfect and for all the mistakes Rochelle has made, Nathan is not one of them.

"Alpha." Said Symone nervously.

"What is it?" I asked immediately switching over to alpha mode.

"The Vampires have crossed our borders."

"Have there been casualties?"

"Now now little wolf. I gave you my word." Said a familiar voice.

Looking to the side I saw them emerge from the forest. The King held his hands up as Daniel growled in warning. "I just wanted to pay my respects."

I walked to stand in front of him and nodded at Daniel to stand down. He bowed his head and retreated, but only slightly. "Why?" I asked the King.
He smiled and gave me a red rose that even in the darkness still glistened under the stars. "I don't accustom to strike peace with werewolves, as I said, you have my respect. I just wanted to prove to you that we wish you no ill and the peace treaty will prevail."

I stared into his black eyes and smiled "Thank you."
He nodded and cleared his throat uncomfortably, clearly not used to being this sentimental. He nodded at me and they retreated with lightning speed. Daniel relaxed and excused himself.

"I'm going to round up the border patrol and make sure they stay out." He informed. I nodded at him and he took off.

"That was so weird." Announced Rose as she shook her head.

"I know." I said as I smelled the rose.

"Hey hey hey" chastised Nathan "I got you flowers too." He said in mock jealousy. I chuckled and threw my arms around him as I kissed him sweetly. He sighed and crushed me into him.