Nothing But The Truth

Chapter Twenty-Six

I stood in front of the mirror as I finished my sideways french braid and tied the end. Sighing I smoothed out my outfit which consisted of a black leather jacket, white T-shirt, and dark blue jeans. I gave myself one last look before heading down the stairs and towards the massive common room where the chatter immediately died down at my entrance. They rose respectfully from their chairs. I kept my gaze straight as I walked through the middle aisle.

Once I made it to the front I nodded at them to sit down. My mother and sister sat in the front, as did a miserable looking Jenna. My eyes swept the crowd and immediately my heart sagged.

He's not here, and it's your fault. You think I am a nuisance that you can't get rid of, but did it ever occur to you that I might want to be away from you too? I might not agree with a lot of things you do Adeline, but I always supported you because we are a team. But this time? You went too far, you are absolutely selfish for pushing Nathan away. He's not just YOUR mate. He's mine too. You better fix this because if you lose him, you lose me too.

I did my best to keep a poker face in front of the crowd as Raina argued.

I guess it's true what they say: When it rains it pours.

"I have gathered you all here because I have information that you should ALL be privy to. Since becoming Alpha I know I have made changes. The training has been harsher, the patrols have been round the clock, and the secret retrieval mission that has brought our Jenna back to us. Through it all I have failed to include you all in the reasoning behind my every move because I thought that as Alpha all of the responsibility fell on me, I need to protect you all and make sure nothing brings us down or tears us apart.

To a certain extent, that is true. I am responsible for the safety and cohesiveness of this pack. However, a pack is not one lone wolf. A pack is a group, a family, we all look out for one another and we face adversity together. So, in order to protect you, I must be honest and trust you with the truth.

The second that Ian returned to Midnight Warrior, everything changed. He told me that he needed my help, that he was sent by The Moon Goddess. I of course had the same reaction many of you just had, disbelief. To my utter surprise, she was very much real and contrary to popular belief, she is not all knowing.

She needed my help in solving Ian's murder." The crowd gasped in shock and confusion and I took a moment to breathe before continuing "Ian was murdered by Alpha Rogers and the Shadow Valley pack the night he left two years ago. That unfortunately is not the worst part. I saw it with my own eyes - I saw it. They tore out his heart, ripped his body to pieces. It is true, Rogers murdered him, but only because he was ordered to do so."

I paused as the crowd began to murmur amongst themselves. My mother and sister seemed at a loss for words. I looked away from them as I prepared to deliver the worst part.

"My father, Grayson Moon - was the one who gave him the order. Grayson created Shadow Valley pack made from vicious bloodthirsty rogues, Rogers was not a legitimate alpha. My father used Shadow Valley as a front to shield him and make him appear innocent. Grayson Moon is responsible for the declining numbers in the WereWorld, for the woman and children slaughtered, for the attempt to overthrow the council. He is the most cruel and vicious traitor. Tonight he attempted to murder me and failed. Shadow Valley pack no longer exists, it is gone - as is Grayson Moon."

The crowd gasped and my mother rose from her seat and stood in front of me as she grasped my shoulders harshly and slightly shook me.