One

It's a quiet Saturday morning as Raichelle is sprawled across the bed, hung over from the night before. She typically spends Friday nights balling her eyes out while watching sappy chick flicks. Now she's wondering if this is any indication of her usual routine each weekend: Catching up with friends. Today is mani/pedi day with Lauryn and Trish.

They usually meet Crazy Ronald for dinner, since he's always good for a laugh, and can throw down in the kitchen...almost better than she can. But not by much as she loves to brag about her almost culinary skills. All they have to do is show up with a bottle of wine and dessert when Ronnie cooks and he takes care of the rest.

His FOINE older brother Jesse pops up from time to time loaded with ingredients for drinks. He's a great mixologist. BUT, she suspected he had picked up on their routine and loves to entertain her with his presence on the slick. He's not afraid to show off, especially in front of women. He's usually looking and smelling like a fresh stack of hundreds. He has great taste and the deep pockets to support his spending habits.

Jesse is the type of man that Raichelle would actually like to have as a sweet treat instead of Ronnie's famous homemade double decker chocolate cake. His body is absolutely perfect, and his sex game is A-1.  They haven't messed around in awhile, you know... there's history between the two of them.. Sooooo it was kind of easy getting re-familiarized with him during their talks at dinner and over the phone. He's usually out of town on business, but when they visit one another they have a good time. Scratch that! A GREAT time!

But her fantasies of encounters with her Chocolate Adonis are interrupted by the thought of which Saturday it is, 'Wait, church tomorrow. Maybe next Sunday.' Raichelle rolls her eyes as she looks at her phone to confirm the current date and time. She actually hasn't been to church for years. She prays at home every morning, serves her community, and gives large offerings to her parent's church during special events.

Then a notification pops up on her phone. The 'Family And Friend's Day' 24 hour reminder. It comes around every first Sunday in May. Mom's been bugging her about it since January. Here it is, May...

Raichelle is already regretting agreeing to going. She doesn't want to deal with the funny looks, shady remarks, and an unnecessarily long program. But if she doesn't go, she'll never hear the end of it, especially with her parents being the Bishop and pastor of the church. So she figured she should just suck it up and go. Besides, the food they serve and the eye candy are all worth it.

All kinds of fine cousins, uncles, nephews, and brothers also show up at these events. That right there is enough to give God praise! But there's one person she won't be looking forward to seeing, so her mind tries its best to block out the day ahead. Well..maybe two...she convinced herself that she's going to need an extra glass of wine tonight.

'It's so beautiful outside, but I really don't want to get out of bed. I'm so tired. I just want to get away from this place.' She thought as she flipped over her pillow and turned to her side. The cool side of the pillow usually guarantees another hour or so of rest, but that rest is interrupted by a text from Trish. Dammit!

Hey, girl. Have you gotten online yet?

'Lord, what is it now? Please don't tell me Darnell is acting a fool again! I told him to stop flashing his settlement money.' Raichelle gripes to herself as she logs into her account and begins scrolling down her timeline. Puppies, sappy quotes, bad makeup. Now she's unfollowing someone who keeps sending out subliminal shots with stupid updates and memes. 'Umm..not today, sir. BYE.'

Then she's instantly stopped in her tracks as she comes across a picture with a caption that reads:

'I have finally found her, the love of my life.