Thirteen

'I can't believe this nigga up her calling my dad 'Pops'. Who the hell does he think he is? Ole long head ass!' When Raichelle raised her voice, you knew she was boiling hot!

'Girl, calm yo ass down. You know all them lil preachin' niggas love calling your dad 'Pops', 'Doc', all that corny shit.' Trish chuckled.

'I know. But when Sam does it, it just rubs me the wrong way. I mean..I grew up with this dude and all, but...' Raichelle sighed loudly.

'So? A lot of the kids in the neighborhood did it too.' Trish scoffed.

'But you don't understand...you know what..nevermind? You're not gonna listen to me anyway, 'cause he got you locked in too.' Raichelle shook her head.

'What do you mean?' Trish sounded confused.

'Handsome, charming, a man of authority...can't do any wrong.' Raichelle's tone became dry and sarcastic as she rattled off Sam's traits.

'Long head and all. He's fine as hell, especially now. Not the same ashy Lil Sammie we grew up with.' Trish laughed loudly, causing Raichelle to pull the phone away from her ear, huffing and rolling her eyes.

'Girl I can hear the eye rolling. I'm sure your eyeballs are dry as hell.' Trish laughed again and Raichelle snorted trying not to laugh. She wanted to stay mad, but she couldn't.

'Bout as dry as Sam's lips were back in the day!' She had to pull the phone away again as her friend let out a loud screaming laugh. 'Bye, Girl. Ronnie is calling.'

'What that crazy nigga want?' 

'Don't know. That's why I'm finna answer. Bye...'

'Bye...hoe!'

Just as she was about to call Ronnie, she got a text from her dad asking where she was. She sent a text back apologizing  saying she forgot since she got a call as soon as she entered her home. But she reassured him that she was fine and they had to make plans for another meeting. 

I will call you later, BabyGirl. Maybe tomorrow. Date Night is coming up, I need to make sure the order from the flourist is ready.

     How sweet, Daddy. Have fun. Love you.

I will. Love you too.

     Ewww..bye...

'I'll catch Ronnie later. I got thangs to do!'

Raichelle spent the rest of the day cleaning, cooking, and getting some business matter squared away. When she finally slowed down, the sun was setting and it was time for dinner. She ate very light because she was too tired to stay up too much longer. Then made sure her home was spotless before filling up her tub and laying out her pampering tools. 

After shampooing and soaking the day away, she was ready to be wrapped up in the new sheets she placed on the bed earlier that day. 

'Finally...' She moaned as she drifted off.

----

Early the next morning, Raichelle sent the final details to Tabbs for the baby's room. Then got dressed quickly because it was going to be a busy day. Lamesha and Ivan were taking a break with the children, so finishing their home was briefly postponed.

They were making great progress and were about seventy five percent completed with everything. So, today she decided to continue her search for the perfect Brick And Mortar for her business. That is, after she finished her online orders.

Raichelle wanted to showcase her different talents under one roof. Not only wanting to resell her clothing, she also wanted to sell some sample pieces that she made in the past. Some of which were for herself that she never wore or only wore once.