Six

There was an unexpected knock on the door that startled Raichelle. She was deep into her assignment, making some final prep notes for Kennadee's room. Raichelle holds her breath thinking to herself..

WHO IS THIS?!  

'Wait..I forgot what day it was already...'

She looks in the peep hole. OH LAWD!

'Yall just in time!' She yells as she swings the door open.

'And we brought some wine. But..just in time for WHAT, GIRL?!' Ronnie blurts out, already sounding tipsy. Trish and Lauryn greet Raichelle then take the other food to place on the kitchen island. Ronnie grabs Raichelle's chiller she kept on the counter, Then puts the ice and wine in.

'To help me with my closet like yall promised.' They had been discussing her closet project for over a year now. It needed to be purged and reorganized to her liking. The vision board was still on the wall beside the closet door as a reminder. She grew more and more discouraged as she looked at the overflow.

She knew she couldn't do it alone, she needed help. And as much as she's been there for others, especially her friends, she was at least hoping they'd be willing to help.

'Awww HELL NAH, GIRL! I ain't come here for that! I just came to stuff my pretty lil face!' Ronnie rolled his neck and batted his eyelashes. 'I know you got the goodies! Where they at?!' He slapped Raichelle on her plump behind and teases her about how fat it's getting. Saying she must be lying and that his brother must be paying her visits again, which Raichelle shoots down instantly. She just says she's been doing squats heavily, which she's become obsessed with.  To which Ronnie smirks at, trying his best not to give a usual nasty remark in return. She eyes him because she knows what he wants to say. But she knew exactly how to get him back on track by mentioning why they're all there.

'Food's in the fridge. I cooked earlier today. You know what to do.' Raichelle changes the subject before her other buddies start to think long enough to want to ask questions about Ronnie's comment about his brother. Food can be a good distraction. And these niggas love to eat!

'Uh uh..that ain't how you treat GUESTS, GIRL!' Ronnie complains while still grabbing a plate and a fork. Then he and Lauryn do their usual. It wouldn't be a gathering without the two of them digging into each other about something. This time about how his boney ass is a bottomless pit and he calls her a hating ass moose.

'Yall ain't no damn GUESTS!' She imitates his voice and he laughs, rolling his eyes. 'Don't play with me. I'm tired, Ronnie.'

'What you tired for?! I know you ain't gettin' none.' Trish teased.

'I've been catching up on work. Got a new project. Plus I cleaned this whole big ass house. I've been up since five this morning.' Raichelle huffed.

'Well, what you talkin bout cleanin' out a damn closet for if you so TIRED??' Lauryn scowled. She hardly wants to do anything that doesn't benefit her personally. She can be so selfish sometimes which pisses Raichelle off. Everyone changes, but this isn't the same Lauryn she remembers.

'Well, I thought I could get some help since yall are here. And yeah...wash your dishes out too! Thanks!' She yells as she collapses on the couch like a rag doll.

'Hold up! You made LASAGNA?! Annnnnd my FAVORITE SALAD?! Ahhhh Hell! I'mma about eat all this SHIIIIIITTTT!!' Ronnie hollers out and does a little dance, as he unwraps the covered dishes that were previously in the fridge.