Fifteen

(This chapter is a bit shorter than the others. I was trynna find a good stopping point to keep it from being drawn out. Let me know how you like!)

She freezes..then turns around slowly. She is shocked to see such a tall man standing there. He had to have been every bit of 6 foot 7 inches. But his height wasn't the only thing that took her breath. He was a gorgeous man. 

'Are you a ninja or something?' She laughs nervously with her hand to her chest. 'I didn't hear you come up behind me. Either that or I was too deep in thought..'

'No no no..I'm so sorry, Miss. I didn't mean to startle you.' His hearty chuckle was almost melodic.

Now his voice sounds familiar to her. He was who Ms. Claudine greeted as she was walking away. She recognized the cadence and the tone.

Just wow! His voice definitely matches his looks.

She was also thanking God it wasn't who she initially thought it was, and she's not trying to get kicked out of her favorite store for having to tase anybody. 

'Oh it's okay. I'm just so used to sweeping in, scooping up what I need, and getting out of here before I go broke.' She laughed off her nerves.

'So I guess I'm not the only one who's a ninja.' He smiles and she spots a small gap in his teeth. She always found men with gapped teeth to be sexy. But dimples are her absolute weakness. His full lips surrounded by a close-shaven mustache and beard enchant her and she's almost speechless. She tries to continue their conversation to get her mind off this majestic masterpiece of a man. 

GOD WHY IS HE WEARING A TANK TOP AND KHAKI SHORTS?! WHY GOD?! YOU KNOW THAT'S MY WEAKNESS! 

She's thinking to herself as she's trying to listen to him but her eyes take in all of his deliciousness. He looks like he could be a bodyguard, wrestler, bodybuilder, or a plus size male model with his bulging muscles, girth, and tattoos. His stature is almost intimidating, but he intrigues her with his gentle nature and soulful eyes. 

If his nerves are anything like hers, he's very good at hiding them. She just hopes that she's doing as good. He seemed so relaxed, which made her comfortable. His presence felt familiar to her, like she knew him from somewhere but couldn't put a finger on it.

'You know, it's actually funny you mention that. My brother calls me Afro Ninja.' She let out a goofy laugh, then sighed as she felt most of the tension leave. His smile also helped with that. Not to mention, his body language was very chill and inviting as he fully engaged her in conversation.

This is a beautiful man. 

'Haha! Really?! That's hilarious!' He joined her in laughter.

That laugh. I could get use to that.

He thought to himself as he saw this curvy beauty standing before him looking and smelling good enough to eat. 

'Yeah it is. He's so silly!' Raichelle can't stop smiling at this point. She hoped he was feeling the same vibe she was as she tried to stay calm like Tabbs always told her:

Be present in the moment.

She could hear her voice in the back of her head coaching her through. She then made a mental note to tell Tabbs all about this moment she is having right now. Not having to force a smile or laugh felt good to her in the moment she shared with this beautiful man.

'So, I guess that makes me Loc Ninja, huh?' She gives him a look. 'Corny, I know...' He smirks as she laughs again.

'It's all good. I'm corny at times too..' She smiles...then she pauses... 

WAIT..HE HAS LOCS?! GOD! I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE.

She was just trying to take everything in without staring and weirding him out. 

WAIT...YEAH I DID! DAMN!

She honestly hasn't felt a vibe like this in a long time. 

CAREFUL, GIRL!

She reminds herself as she paces herself. 

'So what do you have going on if you don't mind me asking?' His eyes are now locked into hers and she can't break the gaze. He had the look of genuine interest on his face. It had been a long time since a man seemed into what she was saying outside of it being sexual. But they're always like that in the beginning, right? Trying to act like they're so into you just so they can use you to their liking. 

And I refuse to get played again like I did by that...

Breathe, girl. This ain't him... This ain't him...

'Well, I'm actually getting some decor together for a party I'm having. I'm going to revamp some pieces as well.' She fumbles around with the swatches in her hands.

'That sounds good. I see you have a nice color scheme going. Blue is my favorite color.' He points at the teal swatch in her hand. 

He's observant, good sign I guess. We'll see...