A Lunchy Affair - Chapter 8

I stood up on a small lift in a big white, lacy dress. My arms were spread out like they are from the famous Titanic scene. My hair was pulled back in a cute messy bun as Uncle Chalerm pinned and hemmed my dress to the right fitting.

"Hey, Uncle," I said a little timidly.

"Yes, Lis?" He answered, looking up at me as he had his tape measure in his mouth while marking my dress to know where to alter it at.

"Can I.. Tell you something?" I looked in the mirror in front of me, two more mirrors angled on each side. "I trust you not to tell anyone, not even my mother."

"What is it, love? You're starting to worry me a little."

I took in a deep breath as he wrapped his tape measure around my waist and sucked in, even though I don't really need to. "I.. Don't want to marry this random guy that I don't know, Uncle!" I exclaimed, a distressed look on my face. It felt good to finally be able to say it out loud.

My uncle chuckled for a moment and nodded. "I know dear. Andrew and I have been talking about it and have a bet on it. Look who just won $20." His expression was comforting and light weight. He manage to bring the atmosphere to a nice, happy environment.

I looked at him a bit surprised. "You were betting on me?!" He simply chuckled and tried to hide his sly smile. "Us gays do what us gays do," he said, looking up at me. "Now, is there someone you like?"

I felt my face rise with heat as my cheeks turned a bright red color. All of a sudden I got super shy about it and I didn't know why. It's probably because the girl I like is so hot. Maybe it's because she played with my lady bits right before I came here.

"Hm, I see. You do. Now, who's the lucky person?" He raised an eyebrow and started to sinch the dress around my waist.

"W-well, Chalerm, her name is Jennie Kim," I said, shyly hiding my face in my hands. His eyebrows rose as he nodded with an intregued expression. "I always knew my little niese was gay." He chuckled.

"H-hey! I don't want to put any labels on it right now.. Even though I've never felt any type of feelings with a boy before." I sighed in distress.

"It's alright, love. I understand." My uncle stood up and looked me up and down at the measurements of the huge wedding dress. "Now, let's get you out of this dress and go get some lunch so you can tell me all about this girl of yours."

I nodded and slowly stepped out of the dress as he unzipped it from the back. Once I got out of the dress, I walked over to my clothes and put them back on. I was comfortable with changing in front of my uncle. I know it's weird but it's only because he's been making me dresses and clothes since I was a little baby.

I got ready and texted my mom to tell her where we were going. We both got in the car and arrived at our destination a few minutes later. We walked into a Korean barbeque place that was our favorite. It smelled like spices and meat, just how I like it.

We got a separate room for us since you know, rich people can do that. I sat down across from my uncle and waited for the waiter to come take our orders.

The server soon walked in and stood at the head of the table. To my surprise, our server seemed to be Park Chaeyoung. I looked at her for a moment and then for her name tag, knitting my eyebrows. "Rosie is that you?" I asked, taking on her aussie accent that everyone loved. I spoke English for her to make her feel more comfortable even though I didn't know it fluently.

The waitress's eyebrows raised as her eyes widened in surprise. She turned her head to me, a big smile soon wiping away the surprised expression on her face. "Lisa! How nice it is to see you! I saw the last name, Manoban, but I didn't think you'd be here?" Rosie exclaimed, smiling brightly.

Chaeyoung wore a grey, cropped sweater, with dark high waisted jeans, and a black apron. Her hair was tied back in a low pony tail and circular glasses to accommodate the look. Her shoes were simple white Adidas running shoes.

"Yah!" I smiled at Chaeng and lightly touched her arm. "Rosie, I didn't know you worked? Isn't your dad the CEO of some pasta company?" I asked a little confused.

"Yeah, he does. But he said I need the experience of the work industry and learn to have people skills. Which, I guess has gotten better."

I smiled at her gently. "Well I'm glad that you're getting out in the world." Rosie nodded and took our orders a few minutes later.

The meat came later with some kimchi. We had someone cook the food for us as we discussed about Jennie and the wedding. I sighed and started to eat my food with some metal chopsticks.

"I just reslly like Jennie. Like a lot, Chalerm. You don't understand! She's so beautiful." I pouted, throwing my arms in the air.

"Oh, Lis trust me. I know how you feel. That's the way I feel with Andrew." Chalerm smiled and started to cut the meat with scissors.

"I just hope that Jennie feels the same way. I know she feels that same way, but we aren't even dating. We just met a few weeks ago I'm pretty sure." I shook my head and started to eat sone kimchi and steak.

"Don't worry, she sounds like a keeper. I bet she's super loyal. She sure sounds like it." We shared a laugh together and kept eating.

Little did he know what was going on while we were at lunch...
______________________________________
A/N - CLIFFHANGER!!!! Hehehehe

Author-nim out!😜😝