Chapter 1 Late Bloomer

Author's Note: Hey, this is my first story. I apologize for grammar and spelling mistakes. I also apologize in advance for plot holes and chemical imbalance, I am writing this for fun and I hope you can enjoy this too. I am aware it starts off boring, but trust me, it gets a whole lot better. Also Y/N is your first name or last name whatever you prefer.

Y/N has always been impressed by heroes. The thought of saving people and having respect from everyone appealed to her heavily. Y/N loved the idea of being a great hero, but she was quirkless. That's what she thought.

One day, Y/N was feeling a bit more pissed than normal. She was supposed be having a fun day out with friends, but at the age of 15, most of her friends have been on hero courses, which left her alone. She planned that she would join the U.A. High School, where her uncle works, but after no signs of a quirk appearing, she quickly gave up on her dreams. Y/N attended a normal high school where she worked hard to become an inventor or something remotely close to being a hero. Whilst walking home she shot a text to her old friends, who seemed to be drifting further away from her. She was alone and had made no new friends, so her old friends were her next best shot. No one replied.  Y/N was so upset. She was alone, quirkless and had the normal life that she dreaded on living. She wanted to be a hero.

Reader's POV

I stormed into my house, in a particularly bad mood and slammed the door shut.

My mother called, “Honey, what's wrong?” but I ignored her, angrily stomping up the stairs into my bedroom. I pulled on my comfiest dressing gown and grabbed my phone. I then proceeded to curl into ball and cry on the floor. I was desperate for something to happen. Anything. I didn't want to have my dreams come an abrupt halt. I wanted to become a hero. I cried and cried until I had no more tears. I looked at photos of my father. My father had a quirk and was always away saving people. Mother always said that he was a hero, even if he wasn't on the news or if I hardly ever saw him. My mother had a quirk too, but she took it upon herself to look after me. I had no one to turn to. Everyone around me just didn't get it. All my friends and family had quirks, they had good quirks too, but I was just unlucky and didn't get a quirk. When things couldn't get any worse, a bright light gleamed from my hand, blinding my eye.