Chapter 12 Coping Mechanisms

Reader's POV

Class started back up for the other students, but I was allowed a few days off. It came time to go back to class. I had freshened up since then, but I still don't feel normal. It's probably best to distract myself from everything that's happening, rather than being trapped alone with my thoughts.

Time skip to start of class

I walked in and slumped down onto my seat. I grabbed my phone and started browsing social media. People were probably staring, but I don't care anymore. Aizawa came in told me to put my phone away. I did and listened as he explained what we would be doing for basic hero training.

"This is a simple task, you will be fighting 1v1 against a partner. You win if you manage to trap your partner, knock them out, etc. When the fight is over, the winner of the fight can only fight another winner Here are the partners." He said.

Koji Koda Vs Minoru Mineta

Shoto Todoroki Vs Kirishima

Katsuki Bakugo Vs Izuku Midoriya

Fumikage Tokoyami Vs Mezo Shoji

Yuga Aoyama Vs Mina Ashido

Rikado Sato Vs Momo Yaoyorozu

Hanta Sero Vs Tohru Hagakure

Denki Kaminari Vs Hitoshi Shinso

Tsuyu Asui Vs Tenya Iida

Mashirao Ojiro Vs Kyoka Jirou

Y/N L/N Vs Ochaco Ururaka

(A/N I'm going to start using Y/N for first name and L/N for last name so shit doesn't get confusing.)

"Once you've read the board, head to the changing rooms and gather at the

"L/N! You're against me!" I heard someone say.

I looked in the direction of the voice and saw Ururaka. I smiled and walked towards her.

"Hey, Ururaka, let's go to the changing rooms," I replied.

"Good idea!" She grinned.

We walked down to the changing rooms and quickly got changed. We made our way down to where we would be fighting.

Her fighting technique is mostly close range. As long as I manage to keep her as far away as possible, I should be fine. The only way I'll be able to win is to manage to knock her out. My quirk isn't as strong as hers. The best bet I have is to temporarily blind her then attack. I could also aim my rays at her hands, it won't do much, but it'll stop her for a bit, I thought.

I was too much in thought, I didn't hear Jirou walk up behind me. She placed a hand on my shoulder which made me jump.

"Sorry, I was just gonna tell you we'll be starting soon," she said, jabbing a thumb in the direction of the rest of the class.

I gave her a weak smile before walking towards the rest of the class.

"Okay, I want you guys to spread out across the gym gamma and I'll give a countdown to start," Aizawa said.