4: THE ENCOUNTER II

Sheikh's brows were slightly furrowed as his eyes scanned the contents of the brown manilla folder in front of him on his sleek office desk

Sheikh's brows were slightly furrowed as his eyes scanned the contents of the brown manilla folder in front of him on his sleek office desk. At intervals, his corrective rimless glasses would slid down his nose and he'd use his two long fingers, ring and index, to push them up. 

He let out a silent hiss when the annoying vibration of his cellphone started. But his poker face was swiftly replaced with a humongous smile when he saw the caller.

"As Salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah, Adda maama love."

"Wa alaikumussalam to my not so little bro, how are you doing?"

"Alhamdulillah, You? Where are the twins and Mumtaz?"

"I'm doing great, Alhamdulillah. Maheen has been taken to your mamas', Maleek to the barber salon and mumtaz is here snoring her life away and ugh.. spoiling my skirt with her drools."

The office resonated with Sheikh's gentle laughter, "I miss those kids a lot. My regards to them."

"I won't, come and convey it yourself."

Sheikh laughed again, pushing his glasses up, he squeezed his eyes and adjusted it back, "I will come, the day after tomorrow, in shaa Allah."

"Uhm, is that not what you always say? The day will come and after making me do all the finger-licking foods and stuff, you'd call and bombard me with your sorrys and I can't make it."

"Ha'an! Adda maama, Whats with you and scolding people? I said i'd come in shaa Allah, you know our work, thank God your husband is a lawyer too, its not that easy and a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do."

In the background, he heard her husband, Mukhtar, laughing before he spoke, "You can say that again Sheikh! This small madam lives to scold people, I don't even know what to do about that."

"Mai shari'a, What do you think of taking another wife? You know, there are still three slots. And she's almost in her dotage, thirty five is no joke."

"That's a very good idea. So, how are we going to do this?"

Sheikh laughed, he could already imagine the menacing look on his sister's face, "Do you want me to find you a match in my office? There are beautiful damsels all scattered around here."

He heard Mukhtar wince, sheikh was sure Adda maama just gave him one of her painful slaps on his arm, it was long overdue. Thank goodness, he was out of reach.

"How could you two comfortably plot that pure evil as if I'm not here?" Adda maama seethed.

Sheikh smirked, "Would you rather we speak about it behind your back and see your beautiful rival appear unexpectedly?"