16: RECURRENCE

Jumma'at kareem. Don't forget to read surah al Kahf.💜

Not a long one😬 but enjoy!😘

On Wednesday after closing from work, Sheikh was about to enter the mansion to grab his late lunch when he heard Aunty Sarah's voice and another woman's, which sounded familiar

Not wanting to intrude or go back and get in through the kitchen backdoor, he turned and decided he'd place a call to the kitchen and make them bring it to his room instead. But what he heard Aunty Sara say, in a hushed voice, made him stop in his tracks.

"Farha, i think we should throw a party because my lovely dream is about to come true. You need to see the humongous houses Alhaji bought in my name last week. Oh, life's so good, so great." She sighed dreamily, "Now one of my targets is the huge farm house owned by his late wife, i just pray his children don't learn about it, especially Khaleel. He'll definitely blow up and ruin everything."

Sheikh's fingers curled and dung into his palms, he couldn't believe this, he couldn't believe all the things khaleel had been telling them about her all these years were after all true. Sheikh, for the life of him, had never expected her to stoop this low. And so what if she owned all the houses in the world? Wasn't she going to depart this life and leave every single thing behind?

And Abba, oh their poor Abba, he could only imagine the kind of devastation a person would go through after finding out someone loved them only for their money. Ya Allah, that was the highest form of cruelty. He wished he could bring an end to all of this.

"I'm so happy for you." Said the other woman, "At least you're fulfilling some of your wishes. But look at me, i still can't get khaleel to even pick my calls, honestly i have never seen someone this bloodyminded."

Aunty Sara chuckled, "Same here. But what about the girl you thought was getting between the two of you? Have you done anything about her yet?"

The other woman sighed heavily, paused for a brief second then spoke in a hushed voice, "That girl? I have gotten rid of her since... but now i realized its just him not her."

"So what are you going to do now?"

"I don't know... maybe keep trying...?"

"Well, good luck for the umpteenth time Farha. You know with that boy, you sure need it."

Sheikh blinked for a few times and walked back, when he saw what he was searching for in the parking space of the house, the guest's car, he blew an exasperated air, some pieces of the puzzle falling into place.

There was only one Farha he knew with that moonwalk grey mini cooper, only one Farha that was obsessed with his brother. But what he never knew was the relationship between Farha and their father's wife. There must be some sort of quite close bond between them for them to confide in each other like that.