Chapter 2

Kiari

I walked into his hospital room and immediately my heart dropped into my stomach. Seeing my baby hooked up to all these machines made me almost lose it.

I walked towards his bedside and sat in the chair that was positioned next to him. "Baby, I'm here and I'm not leaving your side" I spoke softly while placing his hand into mine.

I sat silently as tears cascaded down my face. "It's like we can't catch a break Jas, first it was me now it's you. How did you do this? I don't think I'm strong enough." I cried.

"They said they don't know how long you will be out. To be honest I don't care how long it takes, I will be here everyday until you wake up. So when you do I will be the first face that you see like yours was for me."

Sitting here watching him lay unconscious was so hard to do. I can't hear his voice, smell his scent, feel his arms around me, or feel the passion when he kisses me.

What am I to do?

The only thing I could do was pray to God that he covered him in his blood and that he allowed him to wake up soon. "I love you" I finished and kissed his lips repeatedly.

I reached into my purse and grabbed my Carmex, squeezed it onto my finger and placed it on his lips.

Taking a deep breath, I sat back in the chair and closed my eyes, allowing sleep to overcome me.

*******************

Jason

Midnight was approaching and all the kids were sprawled out sleep. I decided to go ahead and get Debo and Strap prepped to take the family to the new safe house.

Kiari decided that she was staying at the hospital with Jasper so I provided her with hella weapons to protect them. I was also gonna leave two trusted men here just in case. In no way was I trusting random soldiers with my family's life again.

I had main guys that I truly trusted without a shadow of a doubt; Debo, Strap, Rakishi, Rambo, Bruce, and Bruno.

These are our head security guys and as of right now the only people that would have access to my family. "De I have a safe house in Springhill, Florida that I want to move the family to. It's practically in the middle of the ocean, the only way to access it is by helicopter. I have two in route to us right now that will transport you, Strap, the women and kids there. The only people that know of this location is you, Strap and the pilots."

He rose one of his eyebrows and asked; "you can trust these pilots?"

I was not offended at all because he has every right to question the integrity of anyone on my team. Not only because he is the head of Ri them security but simply because they were his blood family. We had the same goal, to keep everyone safe by any means.

"Yes. They are my uncles, my mother's brothers. One is a detective and the other is a judge."

He nodded in understanding; "Alright, Imma go check on Ri, I'll be right back" he said and walked off.

I also needed to go check up on Jas but right now I needed to make sure the family was tucked away safely.

I walked over to Mani and kissed her lips softly, she began to stir. "Baby get the kids up, I'm gonna have uncle John come fly y'all to the house in Springhill"

"Ok, are you coming with us?" She asked with pleading eyes.

Although she was one of the toughest women I knew, right now she seemed vulnerable. I looked into her eyes and I could tell that she was scared.