Chapter 18

Mani

Jason and I had been on our honeymoon for a week now and I must say it was a well needed vacation for the both of us. Between these wars and the kids we truly needed a break.

I was finally Mrs. Imani Adams and trust me I was gonna wear my name proudly. "Baby I have a surprise for you" Jason spoke as he entered our vacation house in Hawaii.

Although I wanted to go to Dubai I decided last minute that I wanted to stay in the states in the event that the kids needed us

Although I wanted to go to Dubai I decided last minute that I wanted to stay in the states in the event that the kids needed us. I knew Jasper and Kiari were more than capable enough to handle them but I had never been away from my kids for more than a weekend. There was no way I was leaving the country with out them.

"What is it baby" I spoke as I put the finishing touches on dinner. We haven't done anything special since we had been to Hawaii multiple times. We just enjoy each other's company and make love day and night.

"Here" he replied as he extended his hand that held a box.

"What did you go and get me now" I blushed as I sat at the kitchen table.

"Nothing major, just something to solidify our marriage" he shrugged and walked over to look in the pots and pans that sat on the stove.

As he turned around he laughed because I was mugging the shit out of him, he knew better than to put his dirty hands on my pots and pans.

"Fix ya face wifey" he smirked.

"Get ya hands chopped off hubby" I smirked right back at him.

He raised his hands in surrender, "you got it love"

I blew him a kiss and returned my attention to the jewelry box. I opened it and a smile instantly crept onto my face. It was a 10k White Gold "A" chain.

"I take it you like it" He asked with a questioning glance

"I take it you like it" He asked with a questioning glance. "I love it" I smiled brightly.

He walked around me, grabbed the chain from my hands, and gently placed it around my neck. I leaned my head back and looked into his eyes; "Thank you baby, I love you" I puckered up for a kiss.