Chapter 29

Jason

"April 1st, the day a young king was born" I said as I walked into my bro office. Today was Jasper's 26th birthday. The fam and I were determined to make it the best one yet!

"What you doing here man" he chuckled as he stood to dap me.

"You know I had to come get you out this office. Leave it to you to be working on your birthday." I was happy for my brother, he grew to be a profitable man. Growing up I always wanted him to be better than me, better than my dad.

My dad wasn't a bad man by a long shot, he just made bad decisions and my only goal when I was younger was for Jas to be the best version of himself.

"I'm just finishing up here, Ri been blowing my phone up anyways so I'm finna get out of here"

"Good, let's go."

We left out of the office and locked up the lounge, it was gonna be closed for the day. What Jas didn't know was that we were planning him a surprise party here.

Both of us hopped into our cars and headed to Jasper's house. Everyone was already there; mom, pops, Mama Tori, everybody. To start off the day we were having a cookout and they were there getting everything started.

20 minutes later we pulled up to his house, we walked into his home and were immediately greeted by the entire family.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" they all said in unison.

He chuckled; "Thank y'all!" He walked right over to Ri and hugged and kissed her deeply.

"Happy Birthday baby" she said to him. They were so in love and a blind man could tell. Their love radiated off of one another.

"Unc, we got gifts!" JJ said as he approached Jas with a box.

"Gifts?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes uncle, we have gwifts" Jewel said as she too approached him with a smaller box. He bent down and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you niecey pooh" he said. He grabbed each box from the kids. The first box he opened held a Yellow Diamond Cuban Link Chain.

"Bbeettt" he chuckled

"Bbeettt" he chuckled. "Preciate it fam." He dapped me and the guys up.

"Now how you know we didn't buy this?" Mani said as she put her hands on her hips.

"Cause I know my bros" he shrugged.

"cAuSe I kNoW mY bRoS, oh hush" Toya said. We all laughed.

"Open uncle! From the girls" Jewel said as she urged him to open the other gift! She was getting better at speaking and I owed that all to Mani. I kissed Mani's cheek as she smiled down at Jewel.