Chapter 21

A week later ......

Jurianna

Today was the day I was being induced so Tango and I were heading to Emory Crawford Long downtown. I grabbed his hand that was resting on the middle console and squeezed it; "I can feel your nervous energy, I'm nervous too but we got this"

He took his eyes off the road for a few seconds and glanced at me. He smiled; "I know baby, I love you"

"I love you more" I smiled.

We pulled up to the hospital about 20 minutes later and pulled into the parking garage. Tayshaun got out of the car, opened the back door, grabbed the bags, and then opened the door for me. After entering into the hospital we headed towards the Labor and Delivery wing and checked in.

Dr. Shaw was waiting for us after we checked in and took me to my room. I changed into the hospital gown and got into the bed. Tayshaun was seated on the couch next to me making calls to the family, letting them know that I was about to be induced.

He let them know that they didn't have to come this early that he would call once I was dilated the right amount of centimeters. Dr. Shaw entered back into the room;

"Good Afternoon Ms Smith, how are you?"

"Good Afternoon, I'm good, kind of nervous but ready to see my babies."

She smiled; "We are definitely going to see them within the next few hours depending on how your body responds. I am going to insert synthetic prostaglandins, which are placed inside the vagina. This is used are to soften your cervix. After the prostaglandin is inserted your contractions and your baby's heart rate will be monitored. I will insert a catheter with an inflatable balloon on the end into your cervix. Before inserting the catheter I will fill the balloon with saline and rest it against the inside of your cervix."

I nodded my understanding and laid back, a nurse and Tango assisted with lifting my legs for her. She inserted the catheter and my legs were lowered. She hooked me up to a monitor placing an IV into my arm for fluids and little patches unto my stomach to monitor the babies heart beat.

I was told that I could still walk around so Tango and I took a walk around the hospital.

*************************

Omniscient

Tayshaun and Jurianna we both sleeping in the hospital bed. The inducing process had started to pick up causing her contractions to become about five minutes apart. She was now unable to sleep peacefully so she woke Tango up.

"Baby can you massage my back?" She whined while shaking him awake.

"Yes baby" he woke up and started to rub her back as she sat at the edge of the hospital bed. Tango eventually called Dr. Shaw in to check her cervix.

When she entered the room she washed her hands and checked her cervix; "Okay Ms. Jurianna you are about 3 centimeters dilated, you need to be at least 7 or 8 to start pushing. I will be back in about a hour and a half to check you again."

"Okay, thank you Dr. Shaw" she smiled. Juri laid back in bed and grabbed her phone to text Kiari.

30 minutes later the family was walking into her hospital room. "How all y'all get in here?" Juri laughed.

"Now you know we ain't going for none of what they talking about" Jase said.

"Right, they talking about tWo PeOpLe At A tImE! Yea right" Luckie replied as he walked over and dapped Tango up.