Chapter 55

Chapter 55: Challenge All New Students!

“I didn’t expect a waste with a recommendation letter for registration like you would dare to show up!” Seeing Huang Xiaolong arrive, Xiong Meiqi ridiculed him in a cold voice.

Huang Xiaolong laughed faintly instead, “Why wouldn’t I dare to come? Afterward, when I enter the top ten in the assessment, I’m afraid you’ll go back on your word!”

A sharp light flashed across Xiong Meiqi’s pupils: “I, Xiong Meiqi never go back on my word!”

Huang Xiaolong walked into the crowd and stood still. And at this time, the blond boy Jiang Teng stared at Huang Xiaolong viciously with dislike, then turned away. Huang Xiaolong’s face remained stoic.

And at this point, Li Lu came beside Huang Xiaolong, full of worry and said, “Xiaolong, can you really enter the top ten?”

On that year when Huang Xiaolong revealed his early-Fourth Order strength to defeat Huang Wei during the Huang Clan Manor’s Annual Assembly, Li Lu didn’t know about it.

“Don’t worry,” Huang Xiaolong gave Li Lu a comforting look, telling her not to worry.

A while later, seeing that everyone had arrived, Xiong Meiqi started to explain the new student assessment’s rules and criteria.

To test a new student’s strength, letting them battle was the best way to do it. Thus, the new students’ assessment was to let them battle against each other; each batch was divided into five groups and the opponent was selected by drawing lots. The winner of a group enters the next round of battle, finally determining the top ten students.

And the battle competition location was the Academy’s square.

Because it was the new students’ assessment day, there were a lot of older students watching, from ex-First Year students, Second Years, and Third Years.

However, just as Xiong Meiqi finished her explanation of the assessment process, a voice sounded, “Teacher Xiong, this is too troublesome; how about this, I will accept all the students’ challenges, the longer a student can last under my attacks, the higher his or her placement!”

Everyone was surprised and looked over where the voice came from and saw the one who spoke was Jiang Teng!

As Jiang Teng’s word resounded through the square, it caused a commotion among the observing older students.

“This kid is the one who was said to possess superb martial spirit, the Sacred Bright Tiger, Jiang Teng?! Really crazy! He actually plans to take on all the new students’ challenges by himself!”

“People are arrogant because they have the strength!”

Low-voiced discussions sounded between the older students.

And Xiong Meiqi was stunned.

Jiang Teng alone wanted to take on all the new students’ challenge?

There were almost one hundred people in this batch of new students.

At one corner of the square stood two tall old men and one of them was Cosmic Star Academy’s Vice-Principal, Xiong Chu, whereas the other old fellow had a pair of big eyes. Especially his ears, nearly twice as big as a normal person’s ear, etching him into their memory with just one glance.