Chapter 72

Chapter 72: Huang Xiaolong’s Martial Spirit

The Sky Peng disappeared from view after Lu Kai finished speaking; a coruscating light burst out as he soul transformed in an instant.

After soul transforming, a layer of plumage that was similar to the Sky Peng covered Lu Kai’s body like an armor, his eyebrows elongated, turning into a golden hue and there were four wings emerging from his back.

His battle qi soared quickly, blowing off the roof after combining with his martial spirit.

After the instant soul transformation, the four wings behind his back flapped and it was as if he disappeared from the air in a flicker of azure light.

Huang Xiaolong’s eyes squinted; in a sense, he knew Lu Kai did not really disappear but because his speed was too fast, it created the illusion that he disappeared. All of this was just an illusion.

At this moment, the space in front of Huang Xiaolong shook violently and a piercing sound of wind rang out. His eyes widened– this was an overbearing punch and the speed at which it was coming at him was almost breaking space constraints.

Unable to dodge the attack in time, Xiaolong immediately used Phantom Shadow, but he was still a step too late. Lu Kai’s speed after soul transforming had broken his earlier limit and his fist already hit Huang Xiaolong’s chest.

“Bang!” A loud sound resounded and Huang Xiaolong’s body trembled– his feet staggered back ten steps before coming to a stop on the battle stage. Waves of burning pain erupted in his chest.

This was the first time Huang Xiaolong was injured after he came to this world!

Lu Kai did not continue to attack after this hit. Instead, his face showed that he was greatly shocked as he looked at Huang Xiaolong. After receiving his head on attack, Huang Xiaolong only retreated ten steps and judging from his appearance, the injury he received was superficial! Huang Xiaolong’s physique defense had reached such a strong degree!

Lu Kai was astonished, and so was everyone else around.

On the main platform, King Lu Zhe’s eyes flashed and then he grew quiet as if he was contemplating something.

As for Li Lu, her heart missed a beat from the fright and a worried expression was fully displayed on her face.

“Huang Xiaolong, I’ve said that after I soul transform you wouldn’t be able to stand my attack!” Lu Kai said as he stared at Huang Xiaolong, “How about it? Still don’t plan to call out your martial spirit?”

The crowd’s attention in all four directions was focused on Huang Xiaolong.

Sun Zhang and Xiong Chu were staring closely at Huang Xiaolong; they really wanted to know if Huang Xiaolong possessed a grade eleven superb martial spirit.

Feeling the gazes of anticipation from all around the stage, Huang Xiaolong calmly looked at Lu Kai, saying “Since all of you are so curious about my martial spirit, then I should let you see what my martial spirit is!”

Hearing Huang Xiaolong’s words, the surrounding area became silent and their hearts tightened not knowing what to expect.

Suddenly, the air behind Huang Xiaolong rippled like water and a black light spread out and loomed over everything. With a flash, a majestic black dragon floated silently behind Huang Xiaolong, giving the impression that it was overlooking all living beings from a high position.