Chapter 67

Chapter 67: The Academy’s Annual Competition Begins

To the side, Li Lu was in a daze, rooted to the spot. Her gaze fell on the twitching body smashed down by Huang Xiaolong on the ground and she didn’t react for a very long time.

Huang Xiaolong was actually so strong!

In the last five months, she had been practicing diligently and thought she might have closed some of the distance between herself and Huang Xiaolong. However, she didn’t imagine the gap to reach such a degree!

At this point in time, Sun Zhang and Xiong Chu stopped infusing battle qi into Jiang Teng’s body and got up while wiping away the sweat on their foreheads. Fortunately, they acted quickly; if Huang Xiaolong ‘gave’ Jiang Teng a dozen palms continuously like last time, without a doubt, Jiang Teng would truly be wasted and crippled!

The two let out bitter smiles.

At first, they thought the fight would come to a tie; but once again, things turned out like the last time!

Facing Huang Xiaolong, Jiang Teng lost in just one move!

And he lost so miserably!

Sun Zhang and Xiong Chu had complicated expressions as they faced Huang Xiaolong; the surprise this little guy gave them was a little too big, but all was well– their hearts’ tolerance was strong enough to take it.

“Er, Xiaolong, your actions towards this little guy is too heavy handed every time,” Sun Zhang commented while smiling at Huang Xiaolong.

Looking back at Sun Zhang, Huang Xiaolong’s expression stated ‘I don’t really care’ and said, “If there’s nothing else, I’m going back.” He turned around and left directly after throwing out the sentence.

Sun Zhang and Xiong Chu’s mouth opened and closed, wanting to say something to Huang Xiaolong; in the end, no words would come out and they could only watch Huang Xiaolong take Li Lu away with wide eyes.

After the two small figures disappeared, Sun Zhang and Xiong Chu exchanged a glance and shook their heads.

When Huang Xiaolong’s shadow was gone from the Academy square, in a distant corner, Xiong Meiqi slowly walked out into the light with a complicated expression on her face as she looked in the direction Huang Xiaolong took as he left.

Just like Sun Zhang and Xiong Chu, Xiong Meiqi was at the Academy square early on and saw everything.

After leaving the Academy, Huang Xiaolong and Li Lu went to Tianxuan Mansion.

On the way, Li Lu finally recovered from her shock and started to chatter away with Huang Xiaolong, gossiping about the interesting events of the past five months in the Academy.

Looking at the cheerful ‘chatterbox’ Li Lu, he smiled. He liked to see the dimples on Li Lu’s face when she smiled.

“Young Master, you have returned!” When Huang Xiaolong and Li Lu arrived at the Tianxuan Mansion, Fei Hou was going out when he saw Huang Xiaolong. Delighted, Fei Hou rushed up and greeted him.

Huang Xiaolong stepped up and patted Fei Hou’s shoulder, affirming “Yes, I’m back! Let’s first go inside and talk.”