Grapeapplesauce - Camping

As you finally finish setting up the tents at the campsite, you look over at Grape. He isn’t doing as well as you were, and you laugh. He shoots you a look and you go over to assist him. After about ten minutes, his tent is set up. Its basic tan interior bores you, and you wish you had gone with getting the neon yellow one.

  “Are you going to sleep alone in your tent?” You ask, and blush at what you just said.

  “Are you asking to sleep with me?” Grape winks, and you blush even harder.

  “Not sexually,” You respond, and you know that your face is a bright red colour.

  “Alright fine, you can sleep in the same tent.” Grape laughs and you break out a smile.

            Although he most likely only thinks of you as a friend, you’re starting to fall hard for him. It really sucks liking someone who doesn’t like you back. The sunset is a bright red-orange colour, and you stop to look at it. It’s gorgeous. How the colours melt together is really pretty. You jerk your head to side to see that Grape’s staring at you. His eyes shift to the sunset and you sigh. Maybe you’re just overreacting about him not liking you. Maybe he does like you. So many possibilities run through your head when you don’t even realize Grape tapped you on the shoulder.

            “Hey, are you doing okay?” He asks, smiling sweetly. You briefly nod, and let your eyes flutter to the sunset. He lets out a small sigh and goes to his tent. As he walks out, a goofy grin is on his face. In his left hand lies a pack of marshmallows and graham crackers, and in his right he has chocolate. You lunge forward and grab the marshmallows. After doing that, you go over to the fire and stick your marshmallow on a stick. You need your marshmallow to be a perfect golden-brown colour. Grape takes a seat next to you and he wraps his right arm around you while holding onto his marshmallow with his left.

            “How do you like your marshmallows?” You laugh at your question.

  “Burnt,” Grape winks and thrusts his marshmallow deeper into the fire. You quickly pull your marshmallow off the stick and put it between two graham crackers. After adding the chocolate, you begin eating the delicious s’more. Grape is still roasting his, and you finish your s’more before Grape ends up taking his marshmallow off the stick. He was right about the marshmallow being burnt. It’s entirely black and crispy looking. He carefully puts it between two graham crackers and adds three pieces of chocolate. You chuckle and he shoots you a look before wolfing down his s’more.

            The fire crackles and you cuddle up against Grape like you always did when you were cold. He rests his chin against your forehead and you squirm out of his grasp.

  “Let’s go to bed, I’m exhausted.” You say, yawning. Grape nods in agreement and follows you into his tent. You collapse against the soft sleeping bags and Grape falls down next to you. As you stare up at the stars, Grape grabs your hand unexpectedly. Butterflies flitter around in your stomach and you let out a weak smile.

            “You know, you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” Grape whispers. You wrap your arms around him and he holds you all night long.

A/N: Sorry I didn't update last week! I have literally been so busy, it sucks. School is extremely stressful right now, but I'll try to update every week. No promises there, though. I hope you have a lovely day/afternoon/night/whatever! <3

-Emily