Chapter 23: Archetype

"Drift, Brite, meet Archetype. He's been very intrigued about your recent experiences." Drift looked at Archetype. He wasn't the first cyborg he had seen here. "Well, I'm guessing this is the guy you were talking about," said Archetype. His voice sounded like if Markiplier did the morning announcements at school. "Say, uh, Drift, you have had quite the experience here, huh? I've been studying rifts recently and I could need your help. Also I've made sure my lab is Enforcer-proof. Those guys have been on my tail for god knows how long." "So... you're adopting me?" Drift replied. "Oh, no no no. I'm just doing some lab work, letting you stay in my lab, and... well I guess I am adopting you now that I think of it. I know you've been looking for somewhere to stay for a while now. Your girlfriend can move in too if she wants." Brite replied, "I don't know, that would leave Gunner alone, but I'll think about it!"

Eventually, for his own good, Drift decided to move in with Archetype to stay safe. Brite also came with. Gunner said he was fine. Archetype drove the two in a cart to his lab. When they arrived there, Drift realized it was the Wailing Woods maze. "Wait, I've been here..." he said. Archetype replied, "oh, you have? I just overhauled this place. Doing some rift research." They walked through some bushes and fence to get to a building in the center, seemingly covered by a garage door. However, a bleep immediately followed, and a robotic voice said, "Facial recognition authorized. Welcome, Archetype." The door opened to a lift. The three got in and went down to the lab. It had a few rooms, one of which had a rift in it, but no bedrooms. "How are we supposed to live here without beds, said Brite. "Hold on," replied Archetype. He went into a room and pressed a few buttons and pulled a lever. A humming noise followed, and on the lower level, some teleporters flared up. "Whoa," said Drift. "Each one of them leads to a cabin. You can choose whichever one you want," said Archetype. Drift and Brite immediately both opted for sharing the biggest cabin. "Well, if you insist," said Archetype, "oh, and a few warnings. There's a corrupted zone nearby so stay away from there, unless you want to see your doppelgänger again. Also, Brite, don't go out without Drift. Those Enforcers could capture you and use you as bait. I wouldn't want to lose you like I lost-" he stopped there, before saying, "never mind, go to bed." They went through the teleporter and into the cabin. They both wondered what the future held for them...