Chapter 33: The Library

A few days after the iceberg collision, the gang met up at the Wailing Woods lab. "Something's up here," said Archetype, "How can an iceberg get this far without totally melting!?" "Maybe it's enchanted," suggested Cuddles, "it wouldn't be the weirdest thing we've seen." "Enchanted," Brite added on, "or maybe it's some sort of super-ice. We don't know." Archetype continued, "Well, I scanned the iceberg, and there's a few things worth noting. There is both an incredibly strong power source on top of the mountain, and some huge biological creature inside of it. Can't tell exactly what it is, the ice scrambles my sensors." He paused before saying, "oh, and they brought these weird flying machines with 'em." Drift followed up, "Wait, you guys build rockets and advanced technology, yet you don't even know what planes are?" Archetype followed up, "well, when we need to get somewhere in the air, we just strap a balloon to a bus!" He followed up saying, "Drift, you and Brite wouldn't mind going up to that castle, will ya?" "My pleasure," Drift replied.

There was no need for a hike, Drift and Brite took the zip lines to the castle. Weird, how does that magnet attract a human skull? The two got to the top of the mountain to see a glowing, steaming sword swathed in a pedestal. "That's the power source," said Drift. He approached the sword, and touched it. "YEOW!!!" He felt a jabbing, burning pain through his arm when he touched the blade, and he quickly let go. "Are you okay," asked Brite. "Okay, DO NOT TOUCH THE SWORD," Drift stated in reply. The two then looked at the castle. The entrance was still frozen, but the upper layers had thawed. The two climbed up and crawled through the windows. On the inside of the castle was a library, but there were some rather interesting quirks to it. A poster of the Pizza Pit grand opening and a chunk of the Meteor were also there. "Did these guys know about us," said Brite. Drift replied, "I'm not sure. Let's check the books." 

They spent a few minutes looking at the bookshelves to find anything weird. "Have you found anything interesting yet," asked Brite. "Well nothing yet, bu-" A random book caught Drift's attention. "The Almanac species" was the title. He pulled it out of the shelf, and on the cover, it had some symbol similar to a U on the front. The same symbol on Archetype's tablet.