Chapter 43: The Excavation

The Fire King's forces were soon spotted amongst the turmoil. His Hybrids, so they were called, seemed to be ninja-like figures who could become dragon-like creatures at will. There were not enough to sustain an army, however. But the Ice King didn't have an army as well, only his royal forces. But little did the island know, there were more mysteries to be seen..

"What's this?" A passerby asked the personnel at the new dig site. A worker responded, "mysterious signature. The rest is classified. Even I'm not allowed to know exactly what we're looking for. Oh, and by the way, you're not allowed too close to this place, so please leave." The passerby responded, "okay..."

Drift woke up the next morning to hear on the news that a mysterious signature had been found originating from the island, along with a few updates regarding the Prisoner. He became worried, so he kept a good eye on the situatio- *bump* Drift had been so deep in thought that he didn't notice he had bumped into someone. The figure fell back and begged, "please, don't hurt me!" "What the..." Drift replied, "I... I'm not..." "Ember!?!?" A voice yelled out from around the corner, and the voice soon revealed itself to be a Hybrid rushing to help her. The Hybrid then looked at Drift and said, "dear lord..." he looked around and said, "you... get away from her!" "I... I did nothing!" Drift replied. "Are you so sure?" The Hybrid said, "then why did she cry for help?" "It's okay," said Ember, "I'm okay, he just bumped into me, and I've heard of him, and I panicked for a brief moment..." "No," said the Hybrid, "he's a threat to the King, we should-" "I will not fight anyone who is good or innocent. Drift, goodbye." The two walked away, following some odd looks from Hybrid. That was... a... weird experience...

The workers pulled up to site 3. "Are you sure this is the right one?" One asked. "It's gotta be. Kevin died here, and the other two sites have just been underground lava flows. The Vault has to be here."