Chapter 40: Just Married!

The day before Valentine's Day. Drift's heart was pumping out of his chest and his stomach was doing flip-flops. He knew customs were a bit different here than they were at home, so it would go a lot quicker.  Drift didn't know many people to invite to the wedding, but Brite took the liberty of inviting all her friends. She had lots of them. Heartbreaker, a llama-man in a tuxedo, would serve as the priest. Their new rings had been made by Archetype, as Drift wanted them to be made of some material chipped off from the Rift Edge. He gave the material a name, "Cosmilite." They also had lots of food. It still felt like something was missing though. He wished some of his family could see this, but his family was in another dimension and his nuclear family was mostly dead anyways. But this wouldn't let Drift get sad, for tommorow was the day he would marry Brite Bomber.

The day of the wedding. Drift was dressed in a handsome tuxedo, but left off the graffiti mask. Brite wore a stunning bridal dress. Before the wedding, Brite noticed Drift was a little nervous. She approached him and asked, "what's wrong? Aren't you excited?" Drift took a deep sigh before saying, "yes, but... I'm also really nervous..." Brite sat beside him and put her hand on his shoulder. "It's going to be okay," she whispered, "I know this wedding was a bit rushed, but... I... I love you so much, and... I just want you to know that I will never leave you. Ever. And I really mean it. If I ever left you, I'd never forgive myself, I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself because I caused you so much grief..." Drift pulled in Brite and said, "I know dear," and gave her a kiss.

Drift and Brite walked through the aisle toward the altar where Heartbreaker was standing. They stepped onto the altar, and heartbreaker said, "dearest friends, we stand here today to send these two lovebirds into the next stage of their lives. Drift, the hero, and Brite Bomber, the pretty girl. Let us wish a happy life for the both of them." He bowed before they took their vows. Drift did it first. "I do." Brite replied. She took her vows next. "I... I do." Drift replied. Then, they exchanged their rings. After that,  Heartbreaker said, "May you live your lives from this day forward as husband and wife. You may now kiss." And they did so.

The party afterwards was very hectic. DJ Yonder served as the DJ for the party. It was quite hyper and overwhelming, so Drift couldn't remember much of it. After the party, Drift took Brite home. They were both laughing a lot as they walked up to their room. "Hey, Brite," Drift said in a seductive look and tone. "So, you wanna... uh..." Brite grinned back at him, "I thought you'd never ask." They walked into their room and closed the door behind them.