Chapter 13: Recovery

Drift woke up to find the gang hovering above him. "Guh... that wasn't a dream?" He mumbled. "Thank god you're ok, Drift! I was really worried about you!" Said Brite. Still mumbling, Drift said; "Brite... how many times did you kiss me in my sleep?" Blushing, Brite answered, "oh, only like, ten times..." "How's about one more?" "Definitely!" One smooch later, the gang discussed what happened the previous night. "Drift, what do you remember?" Said Brite, with her hand on Drift's shoulder. "I remember... waking up to a bright flash, not as bright as you though..." they giggled before Drift continued. "Then I came out to see the inter-dimensional police trying to bring me home, and then I..." Drift paused. "I just remember feeling so determined to stay here that I conjured up some sort of energy, and punched one of them to bits." No one said anything for a little while, before Drift asked, "how long was I out!?!?" "Only like, 4 days or so," said Rex. "WHAT!?!?" Drift yelled. Cuddles added, giggling, "He's just kidding with you, that stuff happened last night. It's 11 am now." "Okay, good." Drift sighed. Brite spoke again, "Drift, is it true that you would go home if I came with you?" Drift smiled and said, "I would go anywhere with you, Brite."