Chapter 39: After the Storm

The Ice storm came and went, and nothing significant happened during it. In the days leading up to Valentine's Day, he did do some more research on the Almanac, but that was hardly important compared to what was coming up for him. His marriage was arriving.

Compared to back on Earth, Drift's progress from first kiss to marraige was swift, although he didn't mind that. He was so sure that Brite was the one for him that he didn't hesitate to marry her, even if it was a little reckless. Not to mention, he really wanted to... you know. The thoughts of a life with her were flooding his head. She was perfect. Too perfect. He didn't deserved her. A few months ago, he was just a kid in California. Now, he was a dimension-warping hero about to get married. If it wasn't for Brite, Drift would have been overwhelmed the moment he found out about his powers.

-

The Prisoner emerged from the chunk of ice he had been stuck in for years. Freedom, st long last. Although, he did still have some locks on him. It didn't matter. He would discard them shortly. He looked at the cell where his daughter had been kept. She already escaped. Good. He then went on to pick up some of the eggs of his Dragon Warriors, and brought them out of the castle. Balance would be restored.