Chapter 1: Arrival

After an awkward silence, the boy in the dinosaur suit finally decided to talk. "Hi, I'm Rex, this is Cuddles, and that's Brite Bomber." Cuddles, the girl in the bear suit, replied with a "heya," and Brite replied, "Hi, who are you?" "I-I'm Drift, where am I?" Drift replied nervously. Cuddles replied, "Oh, that's Pleasant Park over there, and that's Loot Lake..." as if he should know what all that meant. "I don't know what that is. Hey, how far away are we from Sacramento?" "Sacre-huh?" Replied Brite. "Okay, I'm guessing this is another dimension or something. How did I even get here?" "That thing, most likely," Rex said while pointing to the sky. Drift turned around to see something straight out of a sci-fi movie, a giant rip in space-time. "WHOA, how did I miss that?!" Drift shouted. Brite hopped out of the golf cart with a smile that melted away Drift's fears. "Well, since there's nothing else for you to do, how about you come along with us? We're on a road trip, and we need an extra passenger. We're gonna do some fun things, I bet you would enjoy it!" Well, he had nothing else to do... he went along with them. Drift found it hard to walk after he was in shock, so Brite put her hand around him and escorted him to the back of the cart. "Come on, we're gonna have fun, you'll love it!" Brite said with enthusiasm to Drift. Brite was so nice, so kind, and so lovely. Drift didn't know it then, but it was love at first sight.

Drift and Brite sat next to each other on the cart. Drift felt a little better around her, probably because her huge optimism was contagious. Out of nowhere, Brite asked him a question. "So, what is it like where you came from?" Drift decided to tell only tell her the basics, since Earth was so complicated and it would take forever to explain it all. "It's a place where... well, it really depends on where you are. Some places it's full of hope, joy, life, and happiness..." He said. "But in some places, it's filled with hopelessness, despair, death, and sadness." Drift decided to change the subject. "So where are we going?" Brite answered kindly, as if Drift never tried to change the subject. "The new Lazy Links Country Club. It just opened, we thought it would be fun to visit." Little did Drift know, he was in for the time of his life.