Chapter 12 -Mind over Power-

Listen to the sountrack beside while reading :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything around me was white.... Am I dead? all I remember was, I was in the wood and three Necromancers attacked me.

“IORI!”

Someone called me out. I turned around and saw Apollo standing in front of me.... what is he doing here?

“Apollo? Am I dead already?”

He smacked my head with his hand.... it was painful, so it means ... I’m still alive!

“Idiot! You’re not dead, I called you out to this void.... now is a great time to use the powers I gave you”

Void? I looked around to check the place. Everything was white, and the path hallways looks endless. I look back at Apollo.

“how? How can summon it?”

He went near me and took my hand. The crest of the sun started to glow, it was brighter than the last time I was it. He then moves his fingers around the crest and click them like a keyboard. After a few minutes, he let go of my and took some step back.

“I now reconfigure you power.... stay calm and concentrate, imagine what the sun could do. Imagine its heat coming inside you”

I opened my palm and closed my eyes... inhale.... exhale.... imagine the sun.... imagine fire.

When I slowly open my eyes, I saw a huge fire ball on my palm. It was hot, but it doesn’t hurt. So this is the power of Apollo.

“you’ve now unlock my powers... now fight back... Artemis will surely cry if you lose”

A bright light surrounded my vision. I closed my eyes and open them once the light slowly vanishes. When I open my eyes, I was back in the woods. A yellow force field is covering me, it blocked the attack their superior made.

When I looked at them, I can see that their shocked to see me like this; well I am too shocked on my new found power.

I stood up from the ground and faced them. My left arm is now movable, the pain lessens and I got all my strength back. The three prepared themselves for my attacks. They all produce they’re spell and readied to attack.

“H-how can this be?!”

Their superior asked. I don’t know his name, and it feels weird to fight him without knowing him.

“my name is Iori, Iori Higayashi. And I will do whatever it takes to protect Artemis!”

I opened my palm and summoned a fireball on top of my palm... this is the time to fight back... I won’t fail Artemis this time. I threw the fireball to them and tried to split it into three; they manage to block it but I can sense fear coming from their eyes.

They started fighting back and I dodge every single spell they threw. They hid behind the tree, but that didn’t matter cause I won’t let them escape. Apollo taught me how to put up a barrier around the woods, so that no civilian would be able to disturb our fight.

I slowly walked towards their direction as they keep in throwing me their magic. I position ma hand as if I’m gripping something and imagined a bow. I’ve perfectly summoned a fire bow and arrows. We continued to fight as trees continuously fall down and crash on the ground.

I shot an arrow to one of the necromancer and killed it, darkness devoured it and made it disappear. So that’s 1 down 2 to go, it took me another 15 minutes before a got the other Necromancer. I can feel my stamina draining... can I keep this up?

“tired already?!”

The superior Necromancer showed up and smirked at me. I tried shooting him an arrow but they vanished during the show. I can’t keep up much longer; then suddenly, the barrier slowly fades away. We were both looking up the sky a it returns back to normal.

“looks like we’ve underestimated you! But I will retreat for now... but I’ll be back to take Artemis back to the Underworld”

He chanted some spells and closed his eyes. Light started emitting from the ground and surrounded him. I tried to stop him from leaving and threw my last fireball at him, but I was too late; he already disappeared before it could even hit him.

I sat down on the ground and rested my head on the tree behind me. I feel weak once again, my stamina is completely drained. I can feel my heartbeat slowing down for a while.

I rested my eyes once again and tried to sleep, but I think it’s better to just head back to the hotel before anyone notice me gone for an hour already.

I tried to stand up even though my feet are strength less and walk my way back. I just want to take a nap now and return to my old self. I got myself into this, so there is no going back now. Protecting Artemis my priority. And I won’t even think of her as a burden.

The moon was full but the leaves of the trees blocked it. I snapped my finger to produce a small fire so I can see the way I going. I can see the entrance of the beach, I’m on my way out... but someone is standing outside.

I immediately turned the fire off and place both of my hands in my pocket. No one must see what happened inside.

When I slowly getting near the person, I turned m head down so he or she won’t see my face. When the moon light started covering my body, a girl called out my name.

“Iori!”

In shock, I looked up to her and saw a girl familiar to me, the girl that made my heart beat fast and slow at the same time... what is she doing here? Why is she awake? Just seeing her makes me feel strong once again. It would break my heart if anyone takes her away from me.

“A-Artemis! what are you doing here?”

[A/N: sorry if it is short.. I'll make it up to you guys on the next chapter ^_^]