Chapter 16 -Acceptance-

-Artemis’ POV-

“the rules are simple, the person who gets 2 bulls eye out of three wins, so it’s the best out of three”

Mira-chan, the club’s Secretary, explains to us the rules and regulations before starting he match. It’s practically the normal Archer rules, so we didn’t really focus on them so much.

“Let the game begin!”

Iori raised the flag to signal us to get ready. I’m facing the vice president of the Archery club right now. I don’t know how good he is, but for the sake of Iori being president of this club, I’ll definitely do my best.

The duel we’ll be doing today has three rounds, each round has different range of target. So it will be like easy, moderate, and difficult.

+Flashback+

“A-are you sure about this, Iori? Are you really going to accept the bet?”

Iori and I are talking about the bet that Kazekaya-senpai made. He wants to prove that Iori’s judgement are wrong, so now we are about to face the duel he proposed.

Kazekaya-senpai is a year higher than the two of us, he is the only 3rd year in this club. Even though he is older, the position as president was given to Iori because of his skils.

“yup, I know you can do it, Artemis”

He gave me a big smile, which made me fight harder for him. He trusts me his position as president... I cannot let him down.

+Flashback end+

I will win this.... I must win this!

We started with the 25m ranged. It was not that hard to target, that’s why we both got the bulls eye.

The next range we used is the 50m ranged target, I had to adjust a little because of the sudden wind pressure. They suddenly changed, so I have to cooperate with them.

Inhale..... Exhale.....

I closed my eyes and transferred my senses to the surrounding.... It’s the perfect time to RELEASE!

Like our first round, we both got the bulls eye on the second one.... so it’s a draw. This final shot will determine the winner of the duel.

We headed for our last target.... the 65m range, the distance is quite different from the two, but it doesn’t matter. I could still win this.

“since it’s a draw, this last range will determine the winner... in this round, who ever hits the closest circle to the red part wins. So it’s not necessary to hit the bulls eye to win. Only the club president has the skill to aim for the perfect shot at this distance”

Miara-chan explained to us before going to our position. We had to do a coin toss to see who gets the first shot. But going first or last doesn’t really bothers me, so in the end, I got the last shot.

I sat down on the bench beside Iori to rest my feet for a while and to watch Kazekaya-senpai take the first shot.

“how are you feeling?”

Iori asks as he hands me a bottle of water. I took the bottle and took a sip from it. After the drink, I place back the cap and looked at Iori.

“I feel great. It has been a long time since I used a bow, I still need more practice though, ‘cause my skills are starting to get rusty”

I gave him a smile. He suddenly pats me on the head... it feels great to be like this, my heart just won’t stop screaming and jumping with joy inside me.