Chapter 15 -Archery club-

-Iori’s POV-

Alright..... Inhale..... Exhale....

“Flame sword!”

My bow vanished and was replaced by a sword covered with fire. I been practicing my power since the day we got home from our school trip.

It was hard at first and I often get stressed out, but since it’s been several week of practice, I’m already getting the used of it. Artemis still doesn’t know about my powers, so I practice behind her back.

*knock knock*

“Iori, let’s get going or we’ll be late”

I check my wrist watch to see the time.... O my gosh! I got carried away, I should have checked the time first before summoning things. I immediately unsummoned my flame sword and took my winter coat from my closet.

I made my way down the stairs and saw Artemis standing at the door, she looks cute on our winter uniform. I can’t believe Christmas is getting near.

“what took you so long?”

She asked with her arms crossed.

“hehe, I got carried away with this manga I’m reading... sorry”

“it’s fine, we still have some time to drop by the book store and buy the materials we’ll be needing”

We left the house and made our way to the shopping district, Artemis and I stopped by at the nearby book store.

“do you need anything Iori?”

“nah, I’ll just help you out”

She bought some things that we’ll be needing for the school project we’ll be doing later.

I just remember that today would be the joining of clubs. The archery club has six members already, so I won’t be thinking about it getting disbanded. Maybe I should recruit Artemis.

“hey Artemis”

“yeah?”

I took the paper bag from her and walked beside her.

“what club would you be joining today?”

She placed her finger on her chin and began thinking. I would really want her to be in my club, it would really boost our skills and we might even be able to compete with the other school. We had problems last year ‘cause many of our members are only beginners. I and Kazekaya, the vice president of the archery club are the only ones who can really stand, but we have to be at least three to join the competition.

"I’m not yet sure on what I’ll be joining. What club will you be in, Iori”

“the Archery club”

“there’s a club like that?!”

Her face was full of astonishment. She must be excited to learn that there is a club she may fit in.

“yeah, want to join? We could use a skilled archer to be able to compete with the other school”

She gave me a big smile and nodded. I won’t tell Artemis that I’m the president of that club, I’ll surprise her later.

*****

We got to school a little early than expected. While walking in the hallway, we saw Kaname and Miyoko talking. They’ve been really showing their relationship here at school. It’s better to be proud than keeping it a secret, right?

“Good morning”

Miyoko greeted us when she saw us.

“Good morning, Miyoko-chan”