Chapter 14 -Persephone-

Back in the Underworld...

-Persephone’s POV-

It’s really hard ruling over the underworld. I’ve been stressed out for the past months. Is this how Hades felt when he was the God of the Underworld?

I think this is the reason why he didn’t have enough time to be with me. Speaking of Hades, I‘ve manage to accept the fact that he already passed away and I still have to continue my days. It was painful at first, but someone was accompanying me along the way of the slow process.

“Milady, why are you still here? Come now, you don’t have to push yourself too much”

My Black knight, Hernes, wrapped his cape around my shoulder. I am sitting on my desk reading some reports. I didn’t even notice the time, not until now.

This happens to me very often. Being too busy at some point, then I’ll be sleeping way past midnight, but Hernes sometimes stops me to get some rest. If he wasn’t with me to all the troubles I’ve been, I’ve probably broken down by now.

With those days with him made me very attached to him, he manages to take away all my pain. Hernes always makes my day very special, he makes my heart jump out of my chest.

I outstretched my arms and stood up from my chair to leave the office. He accompanied me until I reached my room, this actions of him always makes me feel safe. He really knows how to make me happy and secure.

“Good night, Hernes”

I said as I open the door to my room.

“good night, my Queen”

He took my hand and kissed them.

*dugdugudug*

My eyes widen by surprise, he usually does this to me so I shouldn’t be shocked about it. But still, my heart keeps on racing whenever he does this to me.... what’s wrong with me?! Am I.... no no no, it can’t be. I slapped my face with both of my hand to stop these weird questions.

“Milady?”

He asked. I just smiled at him and returned his cape, why did I do that in front of him... maybe he thinks I’m craze, ughhh!

I entered my room and changed into my night gown. The wind outside was great, not too hot and not too cold. I sat down at the edge of my bed and stared at the night sky, it’s very pretty.

Hernes slowly occupies the empty space in my heart. He’s managing to take away all the pains and replace it with comfort.

I tucked myself in and prepared to sleep. It has been a long day.

*****

I woke up the next morning when Agatha, my servant, opened the curtains.

“good morning, milady. Breakfast is ready, should I bring it up to your room?”

Agatha asked me while preparing my change clothes.

“no, I’ll go downstairs. Join me, Agatha!”

I gave her a big smile, she won’t refuse if I ask her like this. Hehe, I know her weakness. I stood up from my bed and changed into my normal dress. Today is my training day with Hernes, I really look forward on training and being with him.

When I got my powers, Hernes was the one who trained me on how to use a sword and the arts of martial arts.

After eating, I went back to my room and changed into my training gears. Without wasting time, I went to the stadium where we practice my skills. I think today is I’ll be sparring against Hernes, to see how I progress