02 | REALIZATION

UNDERTOW
two

ཻུ۪۪༄ ☆‧. °

  Wren felt as if her world was collapsing around her

  Wren felt as if her world was collapsing around her. She couldn't breathe. The air felt like poison and she was slowly losing consciousness as her breathing slowed. She had to steady herself on a table in her living room.

She can't go back. She can't. She won't.

  Her breathing speeds up and she feels as if her chest is crumbling to dust inside of her. She places a palm over her stomach,which she believed had dropped all the way to the cold, hard, floor. The visions of the children she had taken lives from flood her vision as they look her right in the eye, begging her not to kill them again.

   She breaks into a fit of sobs and collapses to the ground, gripping at her shirt and tugging at it, feeling trapped in the clothing covering her skin. She wanted it all off, she looked down at her clothes, which was now turned to a tribute suit. Made out of a thin cloth made for something like a dry and hot desert, the same as the suit she wore for her games, the same suit her fellow tributes were wearing before she murdered them.

   It was for the sake of your own life. They said, but she knew, she wished she had died in that arena. She wished the girl from Four had killed her at their last battle. She wished she didn't have to go through anything like this every again. If only she didn't make it out.

   She stays in the same position, curled into the wall on her marble floors trying to sob the feeling away, but it was etched into her forever, the emptiness, the remorse, the sadness, the fear. She couldn't rid herself of such feelings. Not after what Snow put her through.

   She still hears the raspy voice come from her television, his eyes looking right into the camera broadcasting the announcement to his pawns. She lets out a tortured scream and crawls from the corner to her living room table, snatching the remote to harshly push the power button to turn off the announcement of her death.

   She lets out another shrill shriek before weeping again, to herself and for her fellow victors who will have to endure this torture again. She thought of Finnick Odair, his charming aura and his seemingly happy personality, he will have to go through this again. The older tributes who thought they were done with dealing of such sorts involving all things related to the Capitol. To Snow.

   And lastly, she thinks of Katniss Everdeen. She thinks of the girl who has already sparked such a reaction in the districts and the capitol, she thinks of the fierce, rebellious look in her eyes when she defied the capitol. And she hopes, hopes that her feelings about the girl are right as she falls to the couch, slowing her breathing.

  She hiccups from her sobs but slowly closes her eyes to fall silently asleep, wishing she could escape the thoughts of her terror, but just leaving her conscious thoughts to a world of nightmares.

━━━━ AUTHOR'S NOTE ━━━━
ཻུ۪۪༄ ☆‧. °

i actually wrote something??
also surprise i changed aurora's
name to wren so,,,, lmfao
so here's this. very short but
thanks for reading :,)
even though this is just a filler.
it means a lot to me. <3
i'll try to write longer
chapters in the future.

UNDERTOW
end of chapter 2