Chapter 4 - Yeonjun

This little punk.

Yeonjun stares at the person who faces him with an annoying coolness. The boy who made him so upset is dressed in a black hoodie, gray snapback, and white denim. He looks like the type of person who'd be popular in high school, fall in love with the most beautiful girl, and bring home several Oscars in the future.

"What did you say your name was?" Yeonjun asks.

"What, you forgot already?" is the other boy's response.

Yeonjun stomps across the front yard, controlling himself not to destroy the planters that line the walkway. "Yes. I was too busy being insulted by you."

"I'll say it again, then." The stranger takes off his snapback, revealing brown curls that frame his pretty-boy face. "My name is Beomgyu, I'm sorry for cutting you off earlier on the freeway. But I'm not sorry for saying what I just did."

Memory loss.... How is that heartbreaking at all? Are you sure you belong here?

Yeonjun's sure he'll remember those words in that annoying, lilted pitch, which was accompanied by Beomgyu's smug grin and one hand against his hip—like some wannabe model. "Yes, I belong here," says Yeonjun. He tries his hardest against his voice breaking, or getting too high pitched as it often does when he's annoyed. "I'm just as broken as you, I have big dreams too, and I'm ready to work just as hard."

Beomgyu looks almost sorry. "Okay, I shouldn't have said that. My ex—she just texted me this morning after five months of silence. It was a picture of her with her new boyfriend."

A collective sigh bonds them. They look to their feet, and Yeonjun suddenly feels stupid for acting out. He supposes the boy can't be too sassy if he was selected by Taylor herself. Besides, they've both lost things important to them—enough for anyone to be cursed with a sour mood.

"I'm sorry." Both boys say the words at the same time, and it's followed by laughter. It's a little broken sound from both of them, but at least it stems from common ground.

The door to the house opens, a boy's curious eyes peaking out.

And at the same time, a band of trumpets are blown, clanging symbols ring out through the mountainside, and an iconic voice pierces through the air. 

A/N: We're almost done introducing each member's perspective! What are you expecting, and is there anything you'd love to see?