Fifteenth

I was on a cloud. 

I couldn't move.

I could only hear the slight movement of air. 

Where am I?

How long have I been here?

Why am I here?

“I think you overdid it, uncle.” A feminine voice admonished. 

“Not really my fault the bloke’s a wuss.” Someone immediately retorted.

These voices were somewhat familiar to me.

“Lady Venicci, Lord Reeve, please calm down.” That voice I knew anywhere.

Allan.

“Do you know how to fix this?” The first male voice, Reeve, seethed out.

“He’ll come around. He always does.” 

“I think he’s just about to wake up.” Anya chimed in amusement. 

Slowly, I peeled my eyes open and I thanked whoever it was that decided to leave the lights off. I was saw the familiar ceiling of the room I was given back in Anya’s place. 

“We’re back in the manor, aren’t we?” I rasped out. My throat felt like it was on fire. 

“Yes.” She replied. My eyes were still squinted and I felt absolutely lethargic. “How do you feel?”

“Like shite.” She let out a soft laugh while the two arseholes snickered. 

“It’s a good thing you didn’t put up much of a fight otherwise it could've been much worse.” Reeve stated with a slightly satisfied tone. 

“Did you find anything out?” I asked, my throat still surprisingly raspy. 

“You’re wondering why you haven’t healed yet.” Anya said as she sat herself on the edge of the bed, changing the subject. 

“We’ll be elsewhere, Lady Venicci.” Allan excused himself and the white haired arse with a small bow. They silently exited the room at a relaxed pace and Anya didn’t hide the look of annoyance on her face. 

When the door closed, she immediately shrugged off her jacket and tossed it onto the back of the bedside chair. She tied her hair in a loose bun and that’s when I began to wonder. 

Out loud.

“What the bloody hell is going on?” I muttered, still too tired to raise my voice.