Sixth

The woman before me was the epitome of timeless grace.

A pale complexion that was common amongst us vampires fit her like a glove. Her wine red hair was thick and the tips flowed down to the small of her back, the shorter frindge framed her delicate porcelain face. It looked like a velvet curtain complete with the dark undertoness. Her eyes were a deep green that seemed to be the exact same shade as that bloke's-Jay's-eyes. Everything about those two's features were the same. The slight build, ivory skin, high cheekbones, and eyes that seemed like they've seen almost everything.

"Hello, Sullivan." She greeted with a nod, her voice calm and levelled.

I grit my teeth and narrowed my eyes at her.

"My aunt had told me that you are to be my detenu but had also said to not treat you exactly one. A special case." She added in an off handed manner. "Blaine, Caleb, join me and Sullivan for tea?" She asked but it was obvious that it wasn't a request despite the innocent tone. We silently followed her through the frosted wrought iron gates that opened wihtout a sound towards the domineering mansion.

Everything I've seen so far was covered in snow. When I took a closer look at her curled hair, I noticed, after much scrutiny, that each individual strand had a thin intricate coat of webbed ice. Looking at her clothes for the same specific detail, they were similar. It seemed that only her skin was free of the ice.

"Lady Venicci." A maid at the open front doors greeted us.

"Maria, is a receiving room ready?" Lady Venicci aske as we crossed the threshold. The miniscule sound of glass breaking echo under my feet and reached my ears. There was a crack spreading from under the soles of my shoes.

"Don't worry about that. The Venicci Manor is familiarising itself to your senescence. It is a security protocol." The blonde said before leading us deeper into the manor.

All the things we passed looked older than I was. I was informed that the entire building was made of marble, glass, iron, and titanium. It was the reinforced by a thin, barely noticeable sheen of ice.

"Basically, Sir Attalaise, the manor is alive and conscious of what is happening within its territory." Maria surmised and I let out a scof.

"You got a witch to do that for you?" I asked, glancing around the hall we were in. She gave me a knowing smile when we stopped in front of a set of doors.

"It's best if you ask those types of questions to the lady of the house." She said and left me standing in front of a door with Prick's number one and two.

They hadn't said a thing on our way here and that's when I realized that the other woman's pressence had faded before we took the first turn about ten minutes ago.

"You noticed now?" Caleb taunted.

"That this is going to suck even more?" I replied, pushing one of the handles open.

"Damn it! Don't open without knocking!" Blaine exclaimed and pulled me a few feet away from the door.

Good thing, too. If he didn't, I'd be be hell of a pincushion. The walls on their side, the ceiling, floor, and door had spikes of fine ice coming out of their surface,

"Maria doesn't like you." Blaine deadpanned, his eyes focused on the icicles that were slowly receding back to their place. He stepped up to the door, knocked twice, then entered.

"She probably figured that you'd just go right in without thinking about any kind of consequence." Caleb added as he pushed me forward. The room we entered had high ceilings and a botanical garden.