Thirteenth

The moment I had her under me, I knew that my eyes were glowing a familiar bright blue. I was thirsty and damn it all to hell. I’m not going to deprive myself anymore. 

Blame it on carnal instincts, but everything about being hesitant on the whole feather and killing thing few out the window. 

Looking down at her, she shot me a knowing smirk.

Bitch.

She planned this from the beginning. 

“I win.” She mused right before I sunk my elongated fangs into her slender neck.

~•~

My fingers sifted through cold strands of fine hair. The color was a nice burgundy and I didn’t mind the weight that was on my chest. 

I was satisfied. 

I didn’t have the Sahara desert for a throat now. 

Looking down at the female that was half on me with her green eyes shut, I shook my head. She took such drastic measures just to get me to feed again. 

“Sulley?” She murmured as she fiddled with the tips of her hair. 

“Hmm?” 

“I was right.” She drawled, slowly opening her eyes to look at me. 

“About?” I asked, not really caring where the conversation went. I felt like a snake that just had a buffet. 

“You needing blood.” And she pushed herself off me. Anya didn’t look back even as she exited my room. 

“Lady Anya!” Maria’s startled voice pierced through the thick wood and I heard quick footsteps afterwards. 

“What is it, Maria?” Anya’s faint voice came. 

“You missed feeding this day. You mustn't forget.” 

Is Maria chastising Anya, of all people?

There is something seriously wrong with that woman. 

“Get dressed, Sir Attalaise.” Maria stated from the hall. “You will depart shortly.”

I didn’t hesitate to pull out the last set of clothes I hadn’t worn yet. 

A short sleeved shirt and a pair of dark wash jeans. Pulling on a casual blazer and stepping into dark topsiders, I was done. I didn’t have my keys on me since I was practically kidnapped from that hotel room a week back and dragged into a hearing with the Concilum but who’s really counting?