Eighth

I should stop waking up to throbbing migraines.

It’s not a good habit. 

Maria was a complete nightmare the way she lead me through my sleeping chambers. The moment the door close behind me, she disappeared and I was thrown against a wall.

Five feet off the floor.

And she just slammed me from there and disappeared. 

I would be lying if I said that it didn’t hurt.

A knock on the door stopped me from stripping down my pants. No, I didn’t sleep with a shirt on. 

What is it with these people and walking in on me when I’m not fully clothed?

“What is it?” I asked in an irritated tone. The door creaked open and I saw one green eye glowing between the crack. “Anya?”

The door creeped open even more and to my shock, it wasn't her. 

“I understand that I look a lot like her but no, I’m not Anya.” I raised my brow at Jay. He entered my room and closed the door behind him in lazy strides. “I know what you’re thinking. I’m here to give you a little tip on what to do during the funeral.” 

“Oh? What makes you think that I need it?” I asked, taking a seat on the foot of the bed. 

“There’s a chance that my father might snap and kill you.” My eyes widened at his bluntness. “So, stay close to either me or Anya.” 

“What’s wrong with your father?”  I asked. Ever since I met them, they didn’t really like me that much. It’s disheartening.

Good thing I didn’t care that much.

“It’s something that we don’t really discuss much but considering your relationship with Angelo, I might as well tell you.” Jay sighed. 

“That would be a bad idea on your end, dear cousin.” Anya’s voice echoed through the room before the redhead before me could speak another word. Her cousin just chuckled and walked up to her to give the woman a hug and a peck on her forehead. “No one informed me that you’ve arrived.” 

“How’s my little cousin?” He asked, his bored demeanor changing to that of an endearing older brother. 

“I’m not exactly that little, Jay.” She replied while poking his cheek with a slim finger. 

“You stand under six feet. That’s little in our family.” He chuckled and I just raised a brow at them. 

“Can you two please get out so I can change?” I questioned when I had enough of them being all cuddly and all I received were tilted heads in response. 

“Do you even have extra clothes other than the ones on your back?” Anya asked with a small smirk.