Chapter One

My alarm rang. I groaned in annoyance, knowing what today held for me.

I sighed then sleepily rolled out of my warm bed and stumbled to my bathroom. I flicked the lights on. I immediately closed my eyes. They weren't quite adjusted to the bright lights yet. A few seconds passed, then I slowly opened my eyes and stared at myself in the mirror.

I've always had big eyes, which made me look even more like a porcelain doll with my delicate features and soft skin. I chuckled at that thought then hopped into the shower. 

I got out and brushed my teeth. I picked out a mask today from my collection. I just went simple and chose a plain black one. Nothing special. I combed my long honey brown hair so that it fell over my shoulders.

I put on a pair of black leggings and a big black hoodie with embroidered vines on the inner part of the sleeve. I went downstairs to the kitchen to make myself some fried eggs. 

This house is practically mine. My parents are CEOs of an important worldwide company so they are always away on business trips. I usually only see them once a month. Sad, I know. But I can't do anything about it. 

I sighed heavily, feeling lonely.

I finished my eggs then took care of the dishes. I put on my white tennis shoes and walked out the door into the garage. I decided to take my motorcycle but park farther away in fear of someone seeing me.

I don't want people knowing that I'm rich, otherwise they'll just like me for my money and not my actual personality. People like that just make me sick.

I unhooked the keys from the key hooks hanging on the wall and opened the farthest garage door. I walked over and grabbed my white helmet and placed it on my head while starting the bike. I drove down our long driveway, closing the garage door behind me. 

I loved riding my motorcycle. The thrill and risk of it excited me. I'm a ride or die kind of girl. I chuckled again before focusing on the road.