Chapter 17

So, apparently Namjoon owned a twelve-passenger van in the garage  behind their house. Why did he need that? I didn't ask.

An hour after breakfast we got ready and Namjoon led us outside to the back of the house. The garage door opened with the remote's command, revealing the big black hunk of metal. 

"Hop in, everybody!" he shouted, getting into the driver's seat.

"Shotgun!" Jin yelled, hurtling for the door. Hoseok slid the back door open, boosting himself in. Yoongi followed him to the far back. Jimin and Taehyung sat in the middle section, leaving Jungkook and I in the front section. Scooting to the window, he placed his chin on his hand.

"Buckle up!" Namjoon said, peeking in the rear view mirror. A series of clicks followed his command. Twisting around, I searched for seat belt on the back. Where was that thing? An arm reached above  me and yanked the seat belt down from the ceiling. His minty breath fanned across my face. He reached around my waist and secured the seat belt with a 'click'. He was so close I could scent his cologne that smelled faintly of a wood stone or freshly chopped logs. I could also see a light scar on his cheek's crest.

He retreated back to his side of the seat as Namjoon pulled out of the garage.

My parents never really took me to arcades and whatnot. I recalled one time where they brought Namjoon and I to an amusement park. We rode every ride at least twice until some kid barfed on the roller coaster car in front of ours, so that kinda ruined the whole "theme park" experience for me.

I sometimes wished my parents weren't always on-the-go. But they were just wired that way. Namjoon's always been there for me when our parents weren't which I was grateful for. I knew my mom and dad still loved me even if they weren't around to tell me all the time.

My gaze wandered to Jungkook. I wondered what his parents were like; if they told him every day that they loved him.

"We're here!" my brother said, taking the key out of the ignition. The van parked in front of a charcoal building with lots of windows. Somehow Jimin leaped out of the van before me and hustled to the door, opening it for the rest of us. I brushed past him, smile etched on my face which mirrored his.

The first thing I saw was a string of bowling lanes. On the far end was the arcade. The bright room had fun and epilepsy warnings scribbled all over it. We first got our bowling shoes and paid for two games on one lane. Jungkook, Jimin, and Hoseok went to get some bowling balls while the rest of us set up our lane. Jin immediately ordered some fries and a pizza. After they brought the balls back, Jin was the first one up since we were going oldest to youngest. Jin stood up, cracking his knuckles. He grabbed a bowling ball and knocked four pins down. Next one, the ball effortlessly glided into the gutter.

One after another, the guys all took their turns knocking some pins down. Taehyung was in the lead from getting a spare on his turn.

Jungkook stood rolling his sleeves up.

"Roll down your sleeves, you look scary," Taehyung commented.

"It helps me bowl well," Jungkook replied. He made his approach. The ball rocketed to the center but turned sharply, clipping one pin down.

"Hey, you might wanna roll those sleeves back down!" Jimin joked. Jungkook brushed it off, making his second approach. This time the ball had some wicked spin on it, bulldozing all the pins over. A perfect strike.

In sync, the rest of the guys rolled up their sleeves hastily. 

Jungkook sat down with a smug look on his face. I laughed. As I stood up to get my ball, I noticed the person bowling in the lane beside ours.

Hyuna.