Chapter Ten

After a tiring day of school, I went home and changed into something comfortable. I packed all of my belongings into nine huge boxes then loaded them into the backseat of my car, throwing the others into the backseat. Unfortunately, I couldn't bring along my mattress or motorcycle. ):

Namjoon had texted me his address earlier so I went back and pulled it up from my phone.

~~~

I drove up the long driveway, mouth agape.

Exactly what kind of job did my brother have?

His house - mansion - was surrounded by a thriving oak forest. It was exactly two stories tall with a super modern exterior. It seemed as though the house was made entirely out of glass.

Four garage stalls, too. Namjoon owned that many cars?!

I pulled up right in front of the first garage door. I got out of my car and walked to the door, knocking.

A moment later, the door swung open, revealing a tall man with broad shoulders. He had pretty, full lips. A white dish towel hung over his shoulder. The sleeves of his pristine black dress shirt were rolled up, showing his forearms.

He stared at me for a sec before he turned around and did a back bend, lurching towards me creepily.

Startled, I jerked backwards, wondering if this dude was possessed by a demon or just insane. Suddenly the guy stood beanpole straight, turning around again,  face contorted into a childish grin. Then the lunatic started laughing. His laugh weirdly resembled that of a windshield wiper's.

Once his laughs ceased, he opened the door wider, gesturing fro me to step inside.

Did I really want to after that scene?

Not really.

"So you're Namjoon's sister, huh? You have his eyes," he commented as I followed him into the kitchen. He started to laugh again. "I can't believe you fell for that act out there! It looked like you thought I was completely bat-shit crazy!" He slapped his knee.

I laughed awkwardly. "I did," I told him. "Um, exactly who are you?" I asked.

The man stopped chopping the vegetables on the counter, rubbed his hand on the dish towel hanging from his shoulder, and stepped towards me, holding out his hand.

"Kim Seokjin, at your service."

As I grasped his hand, a rainbow of different colors surged through my mind, thoroughly overwhelming me. The fusillade of colors cascaded in and out. Abruptly, my vision turned black.

A scene unfolded before my eyes.

I saw Seokjin standing in a huge, industrial-sized kitchen with a chef's hat on. He was the only one in the kitchen, stirring something in a large metal pot. 

A man stalked towards him, holding a butcher's knife. The man was dressed in a white chef's apron. The man skillfully flipped the knife so the blade was in the stabbing position. He came closer and closer to Seokjin who was oblivious to him. He raised the knife above his head, ready to stab poor Seokjin right in the back. Then...

The vision ended.

I came back to reality, still looking into Seokjin's eyes.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss..." he trailed off.

"Y/N," I finished, dumbfounded.

Seokjin didn't seem off. I don't think he felt that - or saw that. 

"Are you a chef?" I asked, releasing my hand from his iron grip.

"Yes, I am. How did you know?" he asked, almost suspiciously, narrowing his eyes at me.

I shrugged. "Just a hunch."