Chapter Five

Jimin led me to the nurse's office. Luckily, there was no one in the hallways to bother us.

"Hello Miss Yoon!" Jimin greeted the wrinkled lady at the desk. "Can you take a peek at Y/N here?"

"I'd love to, sweetie," Miss Yoon said, motioning me to sit down in a chair.

"Alright, thanks Miss Yoon. I better go. The guys'll be wondering where I am. Feel better Y/N! I'll see you later!" Jimin waved before leaving the office.

"What a sweet boy. Don't you think so too Y/N?" Miss Yoon asked me. I shrugged at her question. "Take off your hoodie please." I did so and threw it on her desk. I lifted my shirt to reveal dark bruises that decorated my pale skin. Miss Yoon just clicked her tongue.

"Trouble already and it's only your first day here," Miss Yoon commented. "Well I'll just get you some ice for those bruises then you can just relax here for the rest of the lunch period. How does that sound?" I nodded my head, liking that suggestion very much.

She walked out of the room and came back a few minutes later holding a plastic bag full of ice wrapped in a hand towel. She handed me the bag and I placed the bag against my bruised skin, flinching at the coldness.

"You don't talk much do you?" she asked quietly. I shook my head, hoping she wouldn't want anymore information. She nodded in understanding and sat at her desk doing God knows what over there.

I sighed and turned my head to look out the window, seeing nothing exciting.

Miss Yoon was right. Jimin really is a nice boy. I just hope trusting him doesn't stab me in the back.

I closed my eyes thinking about a random assortment of things until the bell rang. I got up, grabbed my hoodie, and set the bag of ice on Miss Yoon's desk.

"Good-bye, dear! Stay out of trouble!" Miss Yoon said while waving. I waved back, smiling under my mask. I walked out the door only to be met by Kai.

He grabbed my wrist harshly. "Your little Jimin won't be able to save you next time, trust me," he whispered darkly, mind filling with evil intentions. I swatted his hand away, disgusted, brushing past him.