Chapter Three

I knocked on the door of the office. A voice yelled, " Come in!"

I went in and, who I assumed was the principal, sat in the intimidating office chair behind the polished oak desk.

"Ah, you must be Lee Y/N." I nodded. "I'm Mr. Soo Chomin, the principal of this high school," he told me as he stuck out his large hand towards me. I clasped his hand in mine and shook it gingerly. "You must be here for your schedule." I nodded once more.

He shuffled through the papers on his cluttered desk until he found a yellow slip of paper. He handed it to me and said, "I hope you find your experience here educational and satisfactory! Have a good day, Y/N!"

He smiled at me before I turned around and left. I scanned the yellow paper. My locker number was 219. I walked around the crowded halls, searching for my locker.

     'Aha! 219!'

I looked at my schedule again. Ugh! Chemistry was my first class. The bell rang so I grabbed the  needed books and made my way to the chemistry classroom.

~~~

I found the classroom and stepped inside, eyes watched me closely as a moved to an empty seat, keeping my head down. I sat down lightly and listened to music until the teacher came in. I rested my chin on my palm and stared out the window, unconscious of all the eyes staring at me.

All of the sudden, something hit the side of my head and quiets snickers erupted throughout the classroom. I rolled my eyes at the immaturity of my classmates.

I pulled out my headphones and silently thanked the teacher when he came in.

"Alright, settle down, class," he commanded, pushing his circular glasses farther up on the bridge of his nose. "Today we have a new student. Please stand up and introduce yourself," he told me, gesturing for me to stand.

I stood up cautiously, meeting no one's glaring eyes. "A-Annyeonghaseyo everyone. M-My name is L-Lee Y/N," I mumbled through the thin fabric of my mask and gritted teeth. My voice was barely audible and quite muffled. I quickly sat down again. This time, successfully noticing the cocky guy from earlier sitting behind me.

     'Ugh! He's so annoying!'