Chapter Nine

I jerked awake, panting heavily. That dream...it was so vivid, so...real.

My knuckles were a pasty white color from gripping the corners of my pillows so tightly. I unclasped them from my poor pillow. Rising form my bed, I set my feet on the floor and stood. My feet tingled and I fell to the carpeted floor in a mess of sheets and blankets.

I laid on the floor  so my feet had a chance to wake up as well as my foggy mind. I stood up slower this time and picked up my heavy blankets. I went to drape them back on my bed, but I paused. Spotting something pearl-white against my black sheet, I bent down.

The necklace sat there, looking pretty as ever.

I gasped loudly. Immediately, thoughts swarmed my head.

I knew one thing for sure: that I had to keep it safe.

I clipped the necklace around my neck and headed to my bathroom to get ready for school.

~~~

I reached school, returning to the same facade I had used the day before. Oblivious to the rude whispers and snickers, I walked to my locker and collected the things I needed for my first class. I closed the locker and jumped as someone stood right next to me. 

The girl standing there had long, red, flame-like hair. She had red contacts in making her look like the devil reincarnated. She was really pretty - but then again, not really - considering the fact that she just knocked all of the books out of my hands.

Like I said - the devil reincarnated.

I glared at her, yearning to wipe that that stupid smug smirk off her face...

With my fist.

I bent down to pick up my things on the floor.

"Kiss my feet while you're down there, peasant," the girl commanded, hand on her hip.

And you can kiss my @$$, you brat.

I stood up, books cradled in my arms. A perfectly manicured hand landed on my cheek.

Hard.

"And that's for slapping me yesterday, b!TcH!" she snarled evilly, smirking.

Liar.

She came closer to my ear and said, "Remember the name Jaehwa and quiver in fear like a little rabbit every time you hear it." She sashayed away, leaving every guy drooling in her intoxicating rose-scented trail.

Who peed in her Cheerios this morning?