Chapter Eleven

Seokjin continued to chat with me until a door slammed. Heavy footsteps echoed through the huge house.

A wild Namjoon had appeared.

He stopped walking when he saw me. He dropped the briefcase he was holding and opened his arms. I hopped off the bar stool I sat on and ran to him.

"Namjoon!" I yelled, bear-hugging him.

"Y/N-ah! How are you?!" he mimicked my tone.

"I'm awesome! How is my big brother doing?"

"Well, I'm a doctor now. Your smart brother already graduated college."

For as long as I could remember, Namjoon was always extremely smart. He graduated high school at sixteen so it came to no surprise for me when he told me that he'd graduated from an eight-year college program already.

Now I know how he could afford such a nice house - y'know - being Dr. Kim and all.

"Oh, hey! I want you to meet some people," Namjoon suddenly told me. "Follow me."

I followed Namjoon up the stairs. He led me down a hallway with extravagant pieces of art adorning the walls.

"Where do you get your paintings from?" I asked Namjoon, squinting at the art. "They're super cool."

"Every single painting you see in this house was painted by the same person. He goes by the name of 'Vantae'. He's actually a high-schooler like you," Namjoon elucidated, inspecting the painting next to me.

The canvas of paint before me was a single farmhouse surrounded by flaxen fields. Above, a storm brewed. The gray, blue clouds swirled overhead, giving off the effect of forebodement.

We walked further down the hallway until we got to a door with 'Do Not Disturb' signs all over it. Namjoon reached for the handle, but I quickly stopped him.

"The signs clearly say, 'Do Not Disturb', we do not disturb!"

"It's just Yoongi; he won't care." He turned the doorknob and pushed the door open. A red bed sat in the corner of the dark room, only illuminated by the bright computer screen in the corner by the keyboard. What I saw next horrified me: A ghost sitting in an office chair in front of the computer.

"What's up, Yoongi?" Namjoon asked.

The ghost spun to face us in its swivel chair.

False alarm. The ghost was just an extremely pale dude sitting in an office chair.

"Namjoon, I've told you multiple times. Don't bother me while I'm working," the man complained, pinching his brow in irritation.

"I know, but I thought this time would be an exception." Namjoon pushed me forward. "Yoongi, meet my sister, Y/N." I waved my hand a little.

Yoongi stared into me with an emotionless face.

"Okay, cool. Now get out," he stated dryly, spinning his chair around to face his moniter again. My smile faltered.

Namjoon ushered me out, closing the door. "Sorry, Y/N. Yoongi's like that sometimes."

"It's okay. You don't have to apologize. As long as it isn't all the time."

A/N: HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR, LOVES!