Chapter 18: Despite All That He Is Now

Today the older male wolves had to head to the larger town to collect some stray werewolves, I thought it was nice since vampires never collect strays.

I took my bag outside and stared over at the fire burning while some young wolves laughed and talked or flirted.

Plopping the bag by one of the trees, I tucked my hair back and stopped when I heard the sound of footsteps approaching.

"Anne." Kai's voice made me jump a bit and I turned looking him over. He was packed with a duffel in his hand and his eyes on my bag, "Take your bag, stay in my bed for the night." He said staring up and matching eyes with me.

I laughed softly, "You don't have to worry about me Kai, I've been taking care of myself for years now." I said proudly.

He stepped forward and I heard the guys call for him, "Sleep in my bed. That isn't a request, it's a demand." He said before turning and going into the forest.

A demand huh?

I sighed and grabbed my bag walking inside knowing if I didn't sleep there he'd get all pissy and moody.

Well, actually I really missed a bed.

God how much I missed having a bed.

Going up the stairs quietly so I didn't wake up the wrath of the jealous girlfriend, I headed into the bedroom and shut the door behind me placing my bag on the floor by the bathroom door.

I showered off and hoped I didn't smell like a vampire too much now.

Pulling on a pair of pajama shorts and one of Michael's shirts, I walked over to the bed.

My mind told me not to wear Michael's shirt. That if Kai smelt it, he'd be furious or he'd think I brought a man to his bed.

Pulling the shirt off, I pressed it to my nose and took a small inhale. His scent flooded my mind and brought so much peace to me.

I miss you so much Michael.

Putting the shirt back in the bag, I wiped my tears and pulled out a camisole pulling it on and going to the bed slipping into the covers.

My heart ached.

Shutting my eyes, I cried softly until I fell asleep drifting to my own dreamless sleep.

It felt nice here.

Running my hand over the grass, I sighed and let my fingers feel into the soil.

The tree gave me shade from the sun and the flowers that blossomed around me all wore the looks of Lily's.

"You miss me this much?"

Jumping, I sat up and looked to see him walk over.

He sat down beside me and stared over at the fields and hills. A man herded his sheep while a kid flew a kite.

"What do you mean?" I asked watching Michael move his eyes from the kid to me, "I was having a pretty great dream about being ruler and all, then I got sucked into la la land over here." He said eyeing the fields.

He watched it and sighed softly, "It's actually quite peaceful." His voice was my old Michael's, his tone soft and kind.

I reached down and took his hand laying my head on his shoulder, "No ones here, no one knows, please just for tonight...don't hate me." I said catching his stare.

Michael thought on it before he nodded once.

I laid back into the grass and pulled him down beside me.