Chapter 2: Road of Beginning

A Few Days Ago―In The Alley

If there was something that infuriated Katsuna amongst everything else, it was the fact that the 'Quirkless' boy with green hair was someone who wanted to be a Hero. Anyone would have to be blind or freaking stupid to not know.

It's just... dumb! Idiotic! For a person like himself without a 'Quirk' to want to be part of something so dangerous is just so, so stupid!

Yeah, both of them grew up admiring Heroes for as long as they could remember, sharing a passion for those who fought for justice. And, of course, their admiration for the Symbol of Peace.

It made sense, of course. The man had without question changed the world as it was, having kept the world safe with his smiles, power and determination. And it was the same man who's inspired both her and her childhood friend to become Heroes.

And just when she thought he'd give it up after realising just how dangerous it was, he wouldn't give.

It only became worse when they discovered that Izuku was 'Quirkless'.

And even then he wouldn't give up.

Fine. If that was how he was going to be, then she'll just have to use force.

So she does so. Years to come, she's actively sought out her friend (friend... she wasn't even sure if she could call herself that anymore) and bullied him, being as merciless as possible to dissuade him from becoming a Hero. Burns, scrapes, a few punches...

And nothing.

He looks afraid, but still finds it in himself to smile, offering help when necessary and never choosing to return the blow.

He's just... too nice. So nice it hurts.

How could she live with herself, knowing that she'd continuously hurt someone who never hurt her back, all because of her selfishness..?

And then, on that fateful day, she knew... she knew Karma came back to bite her in the ass, and she knew she deserved it.

Even when the Sludge Villain came out of nowhere, despite her futile attempts to free herself from her slimy prison, she couldn't make it out. No matter how much she wanted to breathe, or run, or scream... she was dying.

Painful constriction mixed with suffocation was bound to do that to anyone, after all.

And then...

"Ho? What's this? Another victim?" Katsuna barely heard anything, but the sight before her had her heart drumming loudly in her chest. "Ooh, boy! Well, this will be quite interesting!"

He came. Izuku came, despite being 'Quirkless' and knowing fully well that he could die.

But he never ran. He looked ready to fight, ignoring the Pro-Heroes's calls in favour of facing the Villain. "Alright then... Bring it!"

What the..! No, d-don't! Get away!

"Heh! Good on you for trying to be a Hero!" He sounded so sinister, so prepared for blood and readying himself to kill the boy. His arm was raised, and Katsuna screwed her eyes shut...