Chapter 7: Let's Battle!

U.A. High, Class 1-A

Since there wasn't anything else to be done before the day was over, the students of U.A. High were to remain in their classes until after the guidance counselling meeting, which Class 1-A missed because of their sudden 'Quirk' apprehension test, much to a few of the students' chagrin.

Still, what else could they do, right?

"So, we just wait in class until everything's over?"
"Apparently so."

Katsuna wasn't sure how to feel about this. While the other classes were getting a little help, their class had to deal with being left out. Oh well, guess they'll just let it slide for once. And hope it doesn't happen again.

Knowing what kind of person their teacher is, though... she wasn't really feeling all that certain.

"You know, is it just me, or do I feel glad that the shorty left our class?" She didn't want to admit it, but she just had that feeling. And surprisingly enough, almost everyone in their class gave their words of assent.

"He was a pervert," pointed out Izuku, getting looks of surprise from everyone there. "I could feel it. His aura was no different from a typical pervert. Still, I said nothing because he hadn't the proper chance to stare at anyone's skirts because Aizawa-sensei was there."

"Whoa, seriously? Then I'm glad he's not in our class, then..." Sighed Mina, joined by some of the other girls. "But man, that aside, you're amazing, Midoriya! You said you're 'Quirkless'? Then—"

"Do any of you read One Punch Man?" Interrupted the boy. Immediately after, a few loud 'Yes!' rung throughout the room, coming from Kirishima, Kaminari, Mina, Ochako, Tooru, and Sato. "Ah, so a lot of you do read it. Nice."

"Who doesn't?" Had been Tokoyami's response to that. "Anpan's work certainly came out of nowhere, but it's certainly a peculiar one. And it's understandably enjoyable, I must say."

"Certainly! My favourite was chapter four!" Chirped Ochako, making some punching motions. "Seriously, that battle scene was awesome! Too bad it was a dream, huh?"

"Haha, true! Saitama must be so disappointed!" Laughed Kaminari in agreement, and the class exploded into noise soon after.

They would never know that one of their classmates was indeed Anpan, the legendary creator of this new legendary series. And that said creator of this series was currently staring around in unveiled surprise.

It went unnoticed by everyone except his own childhood friend. "Man... looks like you're popular..."

"Not me. One Punch Man," hummed the boy in return. "Still... it's nice to know that there's still a lot of people who know of it. And looks like everyone really enjoys it."

Truly seeing just how openly everyone were discussing his work with one another, even with those who haven't read it yet, made him feel... little. That one feeling that you've just done something amazing, and it just overwhelms him. He couldn't possibly know how he felt about this, but he understands that the anticipations are now high. And looks like he has to pay back in turn.

Man... he was doing this for fun, but looks like the bar is high. He really has his work cut out for him.

"Wait a minute... that's it!" The boy is taken out of his thoughts when he hears a loud gasp from Tooru, who's suddenly bouncing in spot before pointing at him. Or, he assumes she is since her sleeve is pointing towards him. "You're just like Saitama then!"

"Oh yeah..! Saitama didn't have any special powers, but he's super powerful!" The realisation dawning on the entire class, it seems like everyone were beginning to get it. "What did you do, though?"